- £Competitive + bonus
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
The Dyson property portfolio in the UK is looking for a Mechanical Commissioning Engineer to ensure our compliance with statutory building regulations. In particular, mechanical services related to life safety systems, such as gas suppression, firefighting and sprinkler systems.
The role will support compliance of existing assets and the validation of new buildings and spaces. You'll have relevant construction industry experience to assist the Estates Team with completion of new projects and validate existing installations. Projects are diverse in size and requirements, ranging from residential to research & development facilities, utilising Public Health, HVAC, GSHP, LEV, process ventilation and BeMS.
Duties and responsibilities will include; commissioning reviews, quality inspections, test witnessing and progress reporting of ongoing projects along with safety reviews, periodic inspections and statutory/ verification testing of existing installations and review of O&M information.
Ideally, the candidate will also have good knowledge of BMS and HVAC associated electrical services and be able to comment on progress and quality of mechanical install works.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience with mechanical systems.
- A comprehensive understanding of Building Regulations (UK).
- An understanding of Mechanical and Electrical Life Safety systems.
- Comprehensive IT literacy.
- A Full UK driving license with no endorsements.
We'd also like to see:
- HNC or equivalent in Building Services.
- Experience of working on a construction site.
- Experience of managing specialist contractors and delivering to a deadline.
- A CSA membership grading.
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount on Dyson machines
- Sports Centre and free on-site gym
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants