- Science and Research
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have c. 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Engineering families!
About the role
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to develop our advanced Dyson Hyperdimium Motors technology. Manufactured in-house, at an automated production facility, these motors are used exclusively in our market leading products to give us a key advantage in the global market.
By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to develop and support unique, high technology motors from a prototype stage through to mass production.
This is what we need you to do…
- Create/implement great technology to produce high quality and reliable Dyson Hyperdimium Motor that meet all performance and functional criteria.
- Work with global RDD teams (simulation/electronic/mechanical/automation engineers) for realisation of new Dyson Hyperdimium Motor technology research into the final production design, ensuring product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met.
- Take a proactive approach in the generation of solutions/ideas -present solutions/ideas and concepts to senior management, for example through design reviews presentation.
- Take an active role to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly & validated through appropriate test methods.
- Use established Dyson methodology, good engineering practice & discipline to deliver robust solutions in agreed timeframe, such as but not limited to Tolerance Stack Analysis, Process Capability (Cpk), DFMEA, Design for Automation, Minitab, etc.
- Perform hands-on approach in motor build prototyping and using basic measurement equipment, including ability to design required jig and fixture setup, and Proof of Principle machine evaluation and buy-off.
- Deliver and maintain design documentation such as drawings, Bill of Material, limit test reports timely.
- Communicate between all relevant teams to ensure effective & timely input - these may be external as well as internal team.
- Manage sub-project tasks assigned, with ability to hold technical discussion with internal and external cross-functional team, take calculated risk with strong justification if required.
- Initiate and or review Engineering Change, making 3D/2D & BOM changes/creation with strong justification; liaise with Manufacturing & Production to ensure smooth implementation.
- Challenge & develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve technologies/design/product quality.
- Liaise with our In-house Manufacturing Team for engineering evaluations or special builds in support of productivity/quality improvement projects or cost reduction initiatives such as alternative parts/suppliers, engineering redesign, etc.
- Mentor Graduates/new team members & day-to-day management of others if relevant.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with specialisation in design/aeronautical/material/chemical engineering.
- Between 4-6 years of mechanical design experience in full technology development cycle ideally related to precision machinery or complex mechatronics assembly such as HDD, electric motors or turbochargers.
- Sound understanding of basic physical & mechanical principles, manufacturing, & research & development through analysis, prototyping and testing.
- Sound understanding & experience in GD&T application and interpretation, tolerance stack creation and analysis, and precision measurement systems/methods.
- Solid experience in fundamentals of mechanics and mechatronics, various manufacturing processes and technologies particularly in moulding, casting, machining, adhesive, etc.
- Team player & self-starter, good at communicating at all levels.
- A well-rounded mix of experimental, theoretical and design skills. Aptitude in hands-on prototype lab work, including but not limited to test, assembly & measurement jig design.
- Strong trouble-shooter, demonstrate a thorough approach to reasoning and problem solving, and a desire to develop their design and development skills
- Comfortable to work and collaborate with different teams across different geographical location with different time zone.
- Candidate with hands on experience and knowledge of precision measurement will be an advantage.
- Experience in working at low mix high volume industry, with strong knowledge in statistical tools and analysis is a plus.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (preferably Unigraphics), with other tools such as PLM and Minitab is an advantage.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching peers or Junior Engineers will be an added advantage.
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses.
Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career.
Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops.
A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering.
At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit.
It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.