- Science and Research
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
The Technology Development Department encompasses 3 key groups – Technology Systems, Product Performance & Acoustics and Simulation. This role sits within the Technology Systems group mainly working on fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and sensing technologies. Our Technology Systems Team is more than just a group of engineers - we are trailblazers in delivering cutting-edge technical systems (fluids, thermals, sensing technologies, etc) for Hair care and other new category products. Based in Singapore and the Philippines, our team is at the forefront of innovation, constantly pushing the boundaries of what's possible in product development.
Our engineers take full ownership of delivering projects from early stages of a product until start of production levels of maturity, providing them with unparalleled exposure to the product life cycle. With access to a state-of-the-art lab, simulations, and analytical tools, they are able to harness their creativity and technical expertise to bring world-class products to market.
This position is recognized as a solid contributor possessing an in-depth knowledge of fluid dynamics with emphasis on image processing. This individual is expected to resolve technical challenges within the project, while demonstrating effective communication skills. It is necessary for someone in this role to be able to do the work effectively in a team and be open and willing to improve their skill sets.
- Contribute to the achievement of departmental goals and contribute to the long-term technology roadmap. Strategize and oversee the execution of actions, ensuring timely delivery.
- Offer valuable insights and inputs for annual goal setting processes to drive continuous improvement and success.
Design & Development:
- Take ownership of project delivery in the field of Fluid Dynamics, ensuring successful outcomes.
- Assess the development of design specifications within assigned projects, ensuring that the product design effectively meets the required standards. This includes conducting simulations (using CFD) and performing experimental testing.
- Proactively manage technical risks associated with the projects, identifying potential issues and implementing necessary mitigations. Ensure timely resolution of risk items.
- Promptly address and resolve any issues/risks related to projects.
- Foster personal career growth by actively collaborating with the line manager to create a comprehensive plan encompassing both immediate and long-term objectives.
- Demonstrate proactive communication skills by regularly updating the line manager on progress through dedicated one-on-one reporting sessions.
- Expected to proactively identify areas of improvement and be willing to invest time in pro-actively filling the gaps.
- A Bachelor degree in Aerodynamics/Mechanical engineering or equivalent, preferred applicants have a Master degree.
- 2 years of experience in mechanical product analysis & development, preferably in the consumer electrical appliance industry.
- In-depth knowledge on the principles and application of computational fluid dynamics.
- In-depth knowledge in the field of fluid dynamics, image processing and experimental testing.
- In-depth user in Fluent/OpenFOAM, ANSA meshing or relevant CFD and meshing softwares.
- Experience in hardware and software for measurement and data acquisition (e.g. PIV, Flow meters, National Instruments, FLIR, Electronics Tester, etc).
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.