- Science and Research
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have c. 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Engineering families!
About the role
We are looking for Lead/Senior Mechanical Engineers to join Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) mechanical development team, which is under Dyson Global Technology Department.
- Responsible for structure / airflow / vibration / impact / noise analysis of DDM mechanical components and assemblies from prototype to production.
- Conduct performance (aero/noise) verification and other investigations to support project delivery on specifications.
- Continuous improvement of quality and reliability. Responsible for DDM FRACAS (failure reporting, analysis and corrective action system). Support failure analysis, failure mechanism and root cause identification, and work with other teams (electronics team, quality team, engineering team etc) on design change, process improvement, quality control and corrective action implementation.
- Very strong analytical skills, and also very much familiar with engineering simulation software, e.g. ANSYS, for structure / vibration / impact analysis.
- A well-rounded mix of experimental, theoretical and design skills. Use of ad-hoc hand calculations and investigative experiments to evaluate the concepts/ideas and to support engineering decisions.
- Knowledge and experience of precision machinery design or complex mechanical assembly (such as HDD, brushless motors, turbochargers, turbines or related) in areas of vibration, noise, rotor balancing/dynamics, thermal and wear/ tear are preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of using Matlab and Labview for signal processing are preferred.
- Proven experience of creative and methodical problem solving.
- Solid knowledge of mechanical properties, failure mechanisms and processing of engineering materials (such as steel, aluminum, zinc, copper, thermoplastic, thermoset and carbon fibre composite).
- Proficient in Six Sigma methodologies, tools (DMAIC/DMADV/MSA/DOE/FMEA etc) and have strong data analysis skills.
- Experience on bearing quality control and bearing related vibration/noise analysis, fault diagnosis is a plus.
- Experience on aerodynamics and/or acoustics is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize key activities according to project deliveries.
- Able to work in a self-motivated way as well as in a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate in a professional manner with all levels.
- Strong "can-do" attitude. Demonstrate ability to work proactively and work under pressure.
- Exposure to working in a cross cultural and international team would be advantageous.
- For senior and above position, demonstrate the leadership on people management and/or technically leading the complex issues to be solved.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by ambitious growth plans, regular reviews and dynamic workshops. A vibrant company culture based on being; Different, Authentic and Pioneering. At Dyson we combine work life balance, with the latest devices, a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit.
It’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.