- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
Role: Mechanical Facilities Engineer / Senior Mechanical Facilities Engineer
Location: Singapore, TBA
Reporting to: Senior Facilities Manager
Responsible for providing technical support and execute to Dyson’s Estates strategies to ensure safe and efficient functioning, and optimal utilization for a specified function or region of Dyson
- Lead a team of technicians in managing the day-to-day Facilities Operation in ensuring uninterrupted supply of facilities utilities to end user at the required performance level and specifications.
- Compliance with safe work procedure, risk assessment, and site established safety protocol for the day-to-day operation and maintenance plant mechanical system.
- Responding and troubleshooting on system interruption/incident, in root cause identification, elimination, and prevention in the shortest period. Able to collaborate with various stake holder in resolving issue amicably.
- Provide leadership in guiding and training new hires and technicians in ensuring working knowledge is kept relevant and updated to industry standards.
- Create new and review existing Operation and Maintenance Standard Operating Procedure and Risk Assessment.
- Participate in Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control on mechanical system.
- Perform FMEAs (Failure Model and Effect Analysis), eliminate a single point of failure and mitigate supply interruption risk.
- Established an effective monitoring, measurement, and analysis system for evaluating the performance of operation and maintenance in meeting set KPIs. Recommend and implement improvement/changes where appropriate.
- Implement, execute, review, and improve maintenance programs such as condition-based maintenance, preventive maintenance; corrective maintenance on Facilities mechanical system in ensuring maximum system uptime and reliability can be achieved.
- Maintaining good system records such as system design, drawings, commissioning report, equipment manual etc.
- Perform investigation when system operation deviates from initial operating baseline. Report and document findings and perform corrective action where applicable.
- Maintain good maintenance record for traceability. Set priority, follow up and rectified defects identified promptly.
- Digitization on operation and maintenance workflow in improving productivity, data management, and maintaining a ready-to-audit status. Analyse data in getting an insight on system performance, efficiency, and identified potential improvement.
- Explore the use of IOT devices in automating workflow, data acquisition, improving productivity and data management. Analyze data in getting an insight on system performance, efficiency, and identified potential improvement.
- Track system consumption and capacity. Set trigger for system review and proposed plan for system upgrade in meeting production demand.
- Participate in technical review meeting and provide feedback in ensuring sustainable operation and utilities specification fulfilling the needs of the operation, business goal and objectives.
- Work with various stakeholders in providing detailed design on mechanical system projects in facilitating utilities demand for expansion and new technology introduction.
- Work with various stakeholders in performing system commissioning /safety interlock testing. Quantify commissioning data has achieved design intent.
- Participate in change management review for new processes in identifying hazards and ensuring existing facilitation compatibility and meeting the regulatory requirements.
- Support EHS team in internal, external, and regulatory audits.
- Participate in energy committee and supporting energy manager in generating report for ECA submission.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in manufacturing, Semiconductor / Electronic industry preferred
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or having relevant experience is preferred.
- Engineering background on mechanical system such as Chiller plant, Air handling Units, process vacuum, exhaust, scrubber and Compressed Dry Air will be of good advantage.
- Strong understanding of problem-solving tools, analytical tools, and statistical methods.
- Stakeholder management skill; engage internal & external stakeholder alignment and decision-making
- Calm and effective in any situation.
- Can work independently or as part of a team with various cross-functional departments.
- Self-motivated, strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Displays a high level of commitment to responsibilities.
- Hands-on experience in day-to-day operation and maintenance is essential
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, ideally including MS Project
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.