- Competitive + Super + Bonus
- Sydney - Australia
From its beginnings in cyclonic vacuums, Dyson’s portfolio has grown to include five main areas of technology: Cord-free and corded vacuum cleaners, hand dryers, lighting, environmental control machines (purifying fans, heating and cooling fans and humidifiers) and hair styling tools, which are sold in more than 82 countries across the world. We are on a mission to improve our customer’s lives: whether that be by making the the air they breathe safe and clean, or connecting them to high performing machines, which keep their homes clean.
About the roleTo accelerate Dyson in the digital space across Australia and New Zealand so that we are leveraging every opportunity to live up to the premise of being the leader in this space. The media team is responsible for all channels in terms of paid and stack application across our tech stack to ensure that we utilise all opportunities from data (1st, 2nd and 3rd) both within and cross category. Audience definition, creative testing, performance media and social play a crucial part to ensure perfect shopper and owner experience across our digital touchpoints. The team works closely with the local Commercial Managers and E-Commerce to manage the digital funnel in an efficient way to reach our business objectives.
As a Media Activation Manager, you will be responsible for all paid media activity for one or more product categories. You will be responsible for coordinating the digital presence across all channels and make sure that we digitally support the strategic marketing direction.
You will also have ownership for marketing data analysis within digital media. While creating mediaplans in collaboration with our media agency you will ensure that brand KPIs are achieved while hitting our ecommerce targets in a cost-efficient way. Next to a close collaboration with our media agency, marketing and ecommerce team you will be challenging ongoing performance based on data insights and look for new ways to increase the efficiency of our marketing activities.
As a Media Activation Manager, you will have the overview of both traditional and digital marketing activities and act as an essential connector between different departments, taking the project lead for dedicated campaigns.
- Using insights from digital platforms to power audience innovation and cross functional activation
- Work with the advocacy lead to ensure that we are leveraging social listening insights from a category and a campaign perspective on a quarterly basis. Insights from these channels should be powering copy, influencer content and channel selection, creative briefs etc.
- Work with FAST to ensure all insights from previous campaigns (both advertising and onsite) from an audience and a creative perspective are being collated.
- Take ownership of packaging and sharing these with the wider business to ensure that we are learning as a business.
- Use the insights from these reports to create with the paid media lead a meaningful test and learn framework both within category but also scale tests across categories when appropriate to maximise revenue/efficiency based on data insights
- Own digital competitive insight tracking – work with partners (Google | Facebook etc.) to collate understanding of SOV, benchmarks vs. competitors and innovations opportunities etc.
- Flawlessly plan your activations to ensure everything goes live seamlessly, we have a structured test and learn program that ensures we deliver consistent iteration, innovation and improvement
- Ensure that the annual test and learn framework is adopted across your categories.
- Ensure all learnings are shared and understood so that they can be leveraged across the local and global business
- Follow the annual workflow plan – ensure that all parties are working to the correct timeframes to ensure all of your key campaigns / initiatives happen on time. Flag any issues early to ensure that a plan b can be deployed.
- Work with the paid media lead to ensure all your category requirements are fed into global | regional | JBP with digital partners and ensure that these are delivered on
- Own the digital strategy (+ support on the offline strategy) for your categories NPD launches a – ensure that global guidelines are adapted to best fit ANZ requirements. Push for mix of continuation innovation but not at the expense of insight and learnings from previous launches.
- Utilise first and third-party data sources effectively and efficiently across all your campaigns. Work with Mindshare and FAST to continually push for the innovation and updates to partners you need to see to the strategy based on your category needs.
- Work with direct and FAST to build out relevant GA audience segments to ensure that we are using the Google stack to its full potential.
- Feed into annual, quarterly category briefs (media, creative and influencer) to ensure digital learnings and innovation are first and foremost. Implement and optimise your category plans with military precision
- Translate annual time plan into implementational timeline and ensure all parties follow this
- Ensure that insights from digital attribution is adapted in an appropriate time frame to your category activity. Work with the paid media lead and the acquisition manager to incorporate insights / hypothesis from your category are fed into the wider workstream in this space.
- Use historic data to set KPIs that deliver iterative improvement of all digital activity and work with Mindshare and FAST to deliver continued improvement of campaigns in flight
- Own, reconcile and manage all relevant BBI lines, ensure invoices are paid in a timely fashion. Building strong relationships with our internal counterparts, agencies and digital partners so Dyson ANZ is top of mind
- Invest time with counterparts to ensure that they understand ANZ’s business priorities and goals work with them outside planned campaign activity to bring collaborate on projects that accelerate our understanding of our audiences and categories
- Work with category counterparts to feed into IBP process – ensure relevant insights and opportunities are being shared and presented for consideration
- Take ownership of the metrics that matter section of the group QMR template – ensure that all data is correct and demonstrates improvement
- Push for additional value, for Dyson ANZ to be considered for all suitable pilots, alphas and betas along with broader industry and category research projects both internal and with external parties
- Get to a position where you are maximising the value of your investment with every partner that we are investing more than $100k PA with.
- Collaborate independently of line manager with all stakeholders such as Category managers, COE and Mindshare
- Achieve a standard of excellence in our work processes and outcomes, ensuring adherence to Dyson policies and all relevant regulatory and legal requirements.
- Promote and demonstrate Dyson behaviours.
- Promote, implement and comply with health and safety procedures.
About youYou have...
- 3 - 5 years of experience
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing
- Demonstrated experience in Digital Marketing role, client side or agency
- Proven ability to project manage and drive projects from conception through implementation and to analyse post-campaign results
- Solid knowledge of all digital marketing channels, tactics and their roles
- Experience using digital analytics tools and Content Management Systems beneficial
- Passionate about digital, always looking to learn the most cutting-edge methodologies in web marketing and in e-commerce.
- Well organized with proficient time management skills and ability to prioritize and multitask with shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proactive approach and attention to detail a must.
- Energetic and a self-starter, able to work as part of a team, but also work alone.
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, work to tight deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to manage own workload, work autonomously and as part of a team
- Advanced Microsoft suite
BenefitsAt Dyson, our people are at the heart of everything we do. We value you bringing yourself to work and we want to deliver an employee experience that matches the quality we give to our customers. Outside of a competitive salary and sales bonus, our team members receive generous product discounts, additional paid annual leave, paid parental leave and ongoing learning and development opportunities. Innovation is in our DNA and we are excited to adopt new ways of doing things differently, and better.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.