- India - Gurgaon Office
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy, led by Sir James Dyson. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
At Dyson we invent great products with unique technology, a bold design and aim to deliver a transformational user experience.
Our ambitions are bold, by 2025 we aim to Double Dyson; double sales volumes, double the quantity of products in our product development portfolio and halve time to market.
Our products are available in 80+ countries worldwide, and on an average one machine is sold every 5 seconds. We do all this with our team of over 13,000 employees worldwide.
About the Role
In this position, you will be the ambassador of the Dyson media activities, both traditional, and digital, leading and coordinating the deployment of our media strategy and plans in India. You will be the expert to provide guidance, advice and functional support to commercial teams on all subjects related to cross-media activity. Ultimately, you will attract, engage and delight consumers to drive measurable business impact, ensuring efficient and effective media strategies.
You will directly report to the Marketing Director and provide functional support to business teams (category leaders, e-commerce team, retail activation team).
You will also be responsible of the control and planning of the media budget, in alignment with the Marketing director and the category leads.
Own media strategy
- Define end to end market media strategy for India across all channels: Paid, Owned and Earned. Bring a strong point of view on the role of all media touchpoints to integrate into annual media strategy and campaign media guidelines
- Develop and coordinate integrated Media Strategies for all categories (audience understanding, audience mapping, media agency brief, recommendation to category leaders) that align with the category vision set by the Head of Category.
- Build and drive our data-driven marketing roadmap: structure, coordinate, supervise, implement, lead our media transformation, alert and propose remediation plans. Initiate test & learn use cases
- Be the internal expertise for all media activities: develop media process, guidelines, KPIs, and share best practices. Support categories on their budget planning
Deliver integrated media plans
- Manage media activities: from concept ideation to post-implementation analysis, media plan approval
- Monitor all Media activities against set KPIs, daily track and optimize our strategy-planning-buying – messaging to ensure high level of efficiency and effectiveness, and deliver reporting / analysis through available media tools
- Partner with the OE lead and PR lead to ensure integration of owned and earned to compliment paid
Manage media agency
- Become the main entry point for our media agency
- Manage day-to-day media agency: scope of work, reporting, dash boarding
- Monitor and optimize the relationship and level of service for Dyson, both on a strategic and operational level (agency evaluations and incentives, implementation of process, guidelines, templates, KPIs.)
- Give strong POV on media agency negotiation with publisher: challenge to get the most of our resource
- Manage Media budget including financial reconciliations
- Support Group in commercial negotiations (agency contracts / service agreements, media buying, services & processes)
- Overall control of the media plan ensuring that key booking dates are met, supporting brand managers to deliver campaigns on time and driving full value out of our media.
- Management of Audit process to evaluate quality performance of media agency on an annual basis
- Manage the annual and quarterly planning cycle and end-to-end process from briefing through to media plan implementation ensuring all milestones are delivered in a timely manner and to a high standard, providing progress updates to key stakeholders throughout.
Review and Reporting
- Co-ordinate and review cross-channel media and audience plans to support new product launches, key marketing campaigns and commercial growth objectives. Be the key client interface with the agency team to ensure plans are integrated and that category plans are complimentary to each other and aligned to the overall business strategy.
- Identify new areas for testing and work closely with the Digital Marketing and Direct digital teams to ensure that the frameworks and attribution models are being followed and deployed.
- Reporting and sharing of learnings and campaign performance back to the business.
- Deliver to the metrics that matter targets and governance process set out by the Group Planning & Operations function providing reporting where required and leading on improvement plans. Drive the market KPIs in global Digital Maturity Framework.
- 10 years of online & offline media business experience – strategy and planning
- Previous media agency experience or intense collaboration with agencies is a plus
- Experience in planning & buying of all key media (TV, Print, OOH, Programmatic Display & Video, Social & Search) and a solid understanding of the media landscape and changing consumer habits (now, new, next)
- Highly organized and collaborative cross-functionally with the ability to work quickly to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing timelines simultaneously
- Strong ability to recommend strategic opportunities and innovation staying ahead of the trends, while keeping the operation impeccable, with a solid service mentality
- Organized and process driven, great attention to details
- Ability to interrogate local market plans to ensure they are best in class and deliver against both brand and demand objectives set
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Project management skills and the ability to build relationships across functions and with multiple stakeholders
As per industry standards.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.