- Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Bringing brand new technology to life – and to the world – requires inventive marketing, clarity of message, vast reach and engagement in more innovative ways. Working closely with our engineers, our marketers develop powerful claims through scientific research and leverage traditional channels, cutting-edge digital technology, events, retail experiences and PR to seize every chance to tell the Dyson story.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, you will be the subject matter expert on media planning, both traditional and digital, bringing your deep media experience and skills to our fast-paced business. You will be responsible for the delivery of media strategies that impact our consumers through the purchase journey, working in partnership with all category teams: Hair Care, Floorcare, Environmental Care, Professional. You will have exposure to all areas of the business and will work closely with the Global and Americas CoE teams.
About the roleLeadership of media planning, evaluation and auditing
- In partnership with category teams, lead the annual and campaign briefing process to the media agency
- Experience managing full funnel media planning both online and offline
- Overall management of the media plans, ensuring that key dates are met, budgets are approved, and tactics and audiences align to Dyson’s objectives
- Working in partnership with Category heads to provide data driven feedback and creative input on media strategies and targeting
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and breadth of experience within measurement platforms
- Build relationship with Global and Americas media teams to collaborate on activation, reporting and new initiatives and lead the local implementation of those programs
- Ability to influence and drive change across the organization and lead media planning and performance presentations.
- Develop relationships with key media partners, including Facebook and Google to discuss projects and gain access to new test opportunities
Media Agency Management:
- Key manager of the media agency to reach the right audience through all channels, exploring new ways of advertising in the purchase journey.
- Experience with audience led programmatic digital buying, preferably google stack (SA360, DV360, Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics)
- Optimize media campaign performance through A/B testing, audience testing, creative testing and landing page testing.
- Ensure delivery of meaningful bi-weekly, monthly and post campaign analyses and improve the value of our advertising through relentless testing, targeting and refining plans.
- Review media performance and KPI’s to ensure we continually achieve and exceed targets while maintaining a positive return on our investment.
- Review media forecast to ensure it aligns with overall E-Commerce expectations
- Drive operational and process enhancements with the media agency
- Act as a consultative resource and subject matter expert to the Category teams for all content creation that supports marketing activities. Provide direction, conceptual and creative input, working closely with creative teams.
- Work closely with the E-Commerce team to implement the overall digital strategy for Dyson CA, taking into account our full brand proposition and Global Dyson digital guidelines and best practices.
- Build effective working relationships with stakeholders to ensure alignment on media plans, and with the Category, Ecommerce, Retail, PR, Customer Service and Owner Engagement teams to drive integrated marketing strategies to ensure all new product launches are represented correctly.
- Partner with the Category teams to fully understand category objectives and design advertising campaigns and ad copy to deliver performance accordingly to maximize our sales potential.
- Identify opportunities and develop and drive initiatives, tools and campaigns that will increase sales.
- Manage the media budgets, including purchase order process, invoice receipts and budget tracking
- Manage the affiliate budget, including both commission and paid placement spend
- Manage affiliate agency, maintaining communication on targets, results, and new opportunities
- Oversee all programs and campaigns run via affiliate network, ensuring they align to promotional strategy
- Onboard new partners to continue to grow the affiliate program
- Track commission spend to ensure ROAS is maximized and CPA remains efficient
- Initiate new campaign and promo ideas and gain approval from key stakeholders
- Deliver reporting on performance to the business both on a regular cadence, as well as after key events
Build, develop and promote an effective team:
- Manage processes and ways of working to ensure the effectiveness of the media team.
- Inspire, lead and motivate direct report through regular feedback, 1:1’s PDP’s and objectives.
About youExperience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- 5-7 years of marketing experience; minimum 5 years of media experience with a major e-commerce site or media agency.
- Must have experience working with a transactional website, marketing products and services online for a consumer brand.
- Proven expertise in paid search, including design, implementation and optimization of direct and retail campaigns
- Strong understanding of how digital creative assets influence the purchase journey in the digital space such as videos, interactive demos.
- Excellent understanding of web technologies and concepts; search engines, landing page design and optimization, tools and trends.
- Experience working with major retailers in an e-commerce environment preferred.
- Experience managing large budgets across different lines of business
- Experience working with affiliate publishers
- Previous experience working with or for a media agency.
- This position requires strong consumer traditional and digital media experience, leadership and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Drive projects from concept through implementation and to analyze post-campaign results.
- Thorough understanding of Dyson’s channels.
- Must have excellent project management skills to coordination both internal and external resource in a cross-functional organization.
- Project brief writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Experience working with a major Web analytics and reporting tool.
- An innovative thinker with digital marketing expertise and a proven track record.
- Self-starter, highly developed ability to receive and give feedback as well as to set priorities.
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible.
- A visionary who is always looking to learn the most cutting-edge methodologies in digital marketing.
- Attention to details and accuracy in project management and reporting.
- Proactive – always looking for ways to improve.
- Team player.
- Personable, ability to work well with a variety of different personality types and skill sets.
BenefitsAt Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Dyson Matching RSP contributions
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Floater Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Generous Maternity Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage Options
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.