- € competitive
- Amsterdam - The Netherlands
Our technology is unique and complex, so it’s up to us to explain it clearly. We’re a large global team, working in-house, directly with engineers and the broader business to create communications that are effective and reflect our pioneering approach. Everything from multi-channel campaigns to groundbreaking films and imagery.
The Media Planning & Operations Manager plays a pivotal role within the Dyson Benelux marketing team to help us achieve our ambitions as a technology enterprise in Europe.The role reports into the Head of Marketing and works directly with the marketing teams, EU Centre of Excellence, Direct channel, Group media team and appointed media agency to shape and govern Dyson’s media investment to deliver both brand and commercial objectives.
From writing strategic and creative briefs to managing production to building incorporated digital media plans, you will manage the campaign development process from start to finish.
About the role
- Be the integrated media specialist for Benelux working collaboratively with internal marketing teams, direct channel and our media partners to develop best in class media strategies and plans that are authentic, efficient and effective.
- Be the expert and go to person for all digital (paid, owned, earned), social and traditional channels.
- Manage the annual and quarterly planning cycle and end-to-end process from briefing through to media plan implementation ensuring all milestones are delivered in a timely manner and to a high standard, providing progress updates to key stakeholders throughout and working closely with the category leads to manage the overall media budget.
- Operational lead and key point of contact for the day-to-day management of the agency. Responsible for cross-category prioritisation and workflow, SLA management and service delivery, agency reporting and overall way of working.
- Co-ordinate and review cross-channel media and audience plans (across paid, owned and earned channels) to support new product launches, key marketing campaigns and commercial growth objectives.
- Be the key client interface with the local agency team and regional performance hub to ensure plans are integrated and that category plans are complimentary to each other and aligned to the overall business strategy.
- Own the media planning and drive full funnel view, cooperate with and challenge the media agency plans. Align daily with the Direct team.
- Work with our agency partners and in-house planning and analysis tools to determine optimum media investment and channel mix to drive both long-term brand building and short-terms sales objectives.
- Keep abreast of changing media consumption trends and purchasing patterns to identify new areas for testing and work closely with the Marketing and Business Intelligence team to ensure that the frameworks and attribution models are being followed and deployed.
- Support the category marketing teams in driving optimisation & improvement in integrated plans, value and efficiencies and as a digital expert, drive best practice through all stages of the funnel.
- Deliver to the metrics that matter targets and governance process set out by the Group Planning & Operations function providing reporting where required to the wider Benelux team and Group, and lead on improvement plans
- Establish strong relationships with other European Commercial teams and the CoE in order to identify common opportunities and/or challenges.
- Day-to-day involvement with the media agency to ensure digital campaigns are set up correctly and that the agency have everything required in terms of trafficking, digital audience creation, and asset delivery.
- At least 5 years media management and operations experience in agency or in-house client.
- Have proven digital marketing experience in relevant fields (brand, agency, marketing tech).
- Digital first but with experience in planning & buying of all key media (TV, Print, OOH, Programmatic Display & Video, Social & Search) and a solid understanding of the media landscape and changing consumer habits.
- Strong working knowledge of the social media platforms
- Ability to interrogate local market plans to ensure they are best in class and deliver against both brand and commercial objectives set.
- Media analysis and interpretation of media planning tools and results including data-driven attribution and media-mix modelling.
- Strong experience of media and audience planning, creative development and ad operations process.
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills.
- Project management skills and the ability to build relationships across functions and with multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Self-starter with lots of initiative
- Enjoys working in a fast paced & ever-changing environment
- Discount on Dyson products
- Company bonus scheme
- Pension scheme and holiday plan
- Company fitness plan
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Fresh fruits
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.