- Project and Programme Management
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy – to solve problems that others ignore, first. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different. Dyson is rapidly expanding in its new and core categories, and across all its global markets. The next five years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2025, there will be a multitude of new machines, new product portfolios and Dyson’s headcount will have grown.
Dyson Commercial is responsible for taking this amazing technology to market, explaining how our machines are different and their benefits. Within this function, the Global Experience Studio has the unique mission to bring Dyson technology to life, to provide the imagery, films, content, experiences and service that explain our machines, their benefits and the problems they solve for our customers. We create assets and multi-channel journeys that help our customers discover, choose, purchase, learn about and solve issues they may have with our machines.
Data and analytics excellence are delivered by a diverse and collaborative global community across Dyson. With significant recent investments in people and cloud technologies, combined with a broad scope and no shortage of ambition and momentum, data and analytics are recognised throughout the business as critical to all our strategic objectives. We’ve embarked on a transformation journey that will deliver a new operating model, processes and technology, enabling us to meet the challenges created by our growth ambitions, changing market landscape and fierce competition. Specifically, the Future of Direct & Experience (FODE) – Data & Content programme will deliver new Marketing Technology systems and transform our Commercial Operations by:
- Consolidating our global content storage into a new, state-of-the-art digital asset management platform
- Delivering a marketing resource management solution that will support optimised content production and delivery processes
- Integrating this content hub with the various content delivery systems to enable a consistent experience across channels
- Integrating our owner data into one location to enable efficient personalized content and journeys to be delivered
This is a 12-month, fixed term contract position, based out of our campus in Malmesbury, Wiltshire. We do not offer hybrid/remote working.
About the role
As a Metadata Librarian within the team, you will manage and be responsible for all data activities falling under the responsibility of the business as part of the FODE. You will ultimately be responsible for ensuring that the data that underpins our content is structured correctly to enable users to find our content, report on performance and scale our production processes as we further globalise our delivery.
From a technical perspective you will: support the development of schema to create a holistic view of marketing content across the business; support the definition of metadata schema, data sources and data mapping between source and target systems; and work closely with IT and third party suppliers to ensure business requirements are met.
Operationally you will: manage, prioritise and deliver against a backlog of data requirements for the Marketing Content Hub, working closely with IT and the delivery team; work closely with the BA team to create the full product backlog, ensuring that all business requirements are met within User Stories and Epics; provide reporting to key team members and work with insight teams to drive change based on your reports.
You will be responsible for sourcing key content from markets and business users to ensure that migration is possible, and work closely with third parties to build and deliver against the project plan.
- Experience with data migration projects for large, global product-based companies
- 3 years’ experience working within a Digital Asset management system managing content or metadata.
- Collaborative team player who works well in cross-functional delivery teams
- 27 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Group bonus scheme and pension scheme
- Private medical insurance, private dental insurance and life assurance
- Employee assistance programme, on-site GP
- Discounts on Dyson products, retail discounts
- Free lunches and hot drinks on campus, free on-site gym, free hair salon
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.