- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
The role is to manage the delivery of digital assets created for Digital Creative Services projects within the Creative Services Studio, with a remit for driving productivity and quality through all aspects of production, asset approvals and delivery of final materials.
About the role
- Manage large and complex digital projects end to end, working with UX/UI on developing the strategy for pre and post purchase journey all the way through to managing delivery and execution of digital assets. The digital channels which will be managed are direct website, CRM, owner support content, digital display, third party retail and interactive retail screens.
- Be able to work across different project methodologies and create a balance between waterfall NPD projects as well as supporting on delivering smaller agile projects.
- Resource manage a large pool of resource covering UX/UI/Copy and Content. Working with our third party agencies to deliver the web assets created on our CMS platforms and the animated digital display banner builds.
- Be responsible for highlighting dependencies, raising risks and take an active, hands-on role to support the identification and resolution of problems.
- Leadership and direction of global, cross functional teams to ensure communication and collaboration; resolve conflicts and lead solutions.
- Adhere to the planning and control standards established by the Senior Digital Producer (reporting, reviews, meetings, resource planning, RAG reporting).
- Provide accurate, timely and frequent information, communications on the status and progress of projects to all stakeholder.
- Working closely with stakeholders to establish pragmatic approaches that blend the Dyson way with appropriate planning control and organisation.
- Hold, or demonstrate an understanding of, formal project management qualifications.
- Experience of managing large/complex digital projects.
- You will be able to build great relationships with stakeholders and have a proven track record of delivering multiple projects in a fast paced, changeable and demanding environment.
- You'll be self-motivated and thrive when resolving challenging situations, take pride in delivering excellent customer service and striving to exceed expectations. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate strong planning and resource management skills in a creative, digital environment.
- Be able to adapt project methodologies and processes to align with multiple variations of projects.
- Excellent analytical skills; the ability to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions.
- Experience of line management responsibility is desirable
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Private Medical
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.