- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is committed to building its physical and digital presence to that of an expanding and leading technology brand, with focus innovating the physical and digital experience holistically where possible. The global ‘in house’ retail team consists of a core multi-disciplined group of creatives, marketers, retail specialist and demonstration experts who create and deliver store concepts, retail displays, demo tools, communication assets, film content and trade marketing initiatives across all Dyson global markets.
About the role:
- Work with the senior retail team to ensure that your design work incorporates the latest store design thinking.
- Enforce Dyson brand values in store whilst working within project constraints.
- Provide conceptual thinking whilst delivering commercially viable solutions.
- Along with key functional stakeholders, own, drive and deliver retail projects that are suitably planned, governed, resourced and managed, working collaboratively in function and across teams, resolving day to day challenges.
- Mitigate and escalate issues where necessary to senior management. Maintain and update resource and status reports to ensure effective project governance and upward reporting.
- Oversee design and development of creative mock-ups and prototypes, including briefing and instructing suppliers.
- Sign-off production items through collaborative working process with the design development team.
- Test new NPD to create immersive working demos in retail environments.
- Work on multiple projects whilst delivering on challenging deadlines.
- Keep abreast of the latest Dyson product developments to ensure that displays are future proofed.
- Keep up to date with latest developments in materials, finishes, retail environments, sustainability and virtual technologies to ensure we are constantly innovating the retail experience.
- High level creativity
- Articulate with strong communication and people skills
- Commercially aware
- Ability to see ‘the bigger picture’
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Can do attitude, passionate and flexible
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to work on multiple concurrent projects
- Able to take on-board feedback and constructive criticism
- Design degree
- 7 years + POS and / or retail design experience
- Experienced user of 3D CAD (Solidworks is an advantage)
- Experienced user of 3DS Max
- Experience of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Experience of AR/VR capability is an advantage
- Experience of Digital / Online design
- Experience of storyboarding for video
- Confidence in freehand sketching
- Understanding of graphic design and instore communication
- Working knowledge of model making/prototyping, materials and production processes
- Cardboard engineering, craft and constructional experience is desirable
- Ability to multitask is paramount. Excellent time management, presentation and communication skills
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance
- On-site gym
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.