- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
Malmesbury and surrounding area
The Dyson buildings in Malmesbury and surrounding areas require a dedicated team for minor works projects. The team has a variety of competencies which enable them to carry out building services improvements ranging from MEP to construction activities as well as manage the specialist subcontractors we engage with.
The team fully supports the day-to-day priorities that are the nature of our service with tasks ranging from the very technical to the sometimes menial. Each team member will approach these tasks with equal enthusiasm and professionalism.
About the roleWe require a candidate to integrate into a relatively small team with the following personal attributes:
• Initiative and Proactivity – Ability to pre-empt problems and proactively take measures to mitigate any loss of system functionality.
• Drive for results - Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
• Concern for accuracy - Consistently delivers the required level of accuracy and quality.
• Attitude - Takes job responsibilities seriously, and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.
• Communication - Ability to effectively communicate and converse with colleagues, contractors and customers.
• Planning and Organising - Able to develop a clear, efficient and logical approach to work.
• Flexibility - Willing to adapt thinking, behaviour and activities to suit the requirements of different situations. Assists colleagues with their requests and is willing to work collaboratively to deliver results.
• Teamwork - Shows the willingness to put the goals of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others.
About youThe following competencies and qualifications are the minimum requirements of a candidate:
• A minimum of 2 years’ work experience within a maintenance/facilities team in a commercial/industrial environment.
• NVQ Level 2 in a relevant trade.
• IPAF and PASMA qualifications for powered access equipment and scaffold access equipment.
• An understanding of construction and building operations. • Comprehensive IT literacy with the ability to respond to customers emails (Outlook), schedule activities/equipment (Excel) and manage specialist applications/software to aid workflow (Windows).
• Candidates must be physically able to carry out relatively hazardous tasks (eg. working at height) and may also be required to be on-call for out of hour’s emergency response.
• A Full UK driving license with no endorsements.
The following competencies are not essential but desirable from a candidate:
• Ability to use fixed machine tools such as lathes, pillar drills, milling and turning tools.
• Ability to use portable machine tools such as drills, grinders, reciprocating saws and crimpers.
• Practical experience in a building trade to be able to carry out small tasks.
• SSSTS (CITB) or equivalent Health and Safety training to assist in the management of health and safety minimum standards with the ability to contribute to the continuing improvement of a safe system of work.
• CSCS Trade Skills card.
• Recognised First Aid training.
Benefits• 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• Sport centre
• Free on-site parking
• Subsidised café and restaurants
• Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.