- Operational Engineering
- Malaysia - Development Centre
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
About the role
Make 3D scale models or mock-ups, new product design with good finishing effects for display and technical concepts study, engineering cutaway, or make complicated technical ideas for easier to understand.
Responsible in being hands-on in performing cut, shape, and form plastic, metal parts or industrial clay, using milling, lathes, power saws, snips and shears, files, and mallets.
To set up as well as operate variety of machines (Conventional milling/lathe machines) to fabricate prototypes, patterns, parts, and also models for mechanical parts, devices, or equipment, like jigs & fixtures, part cutaway, mock-up model, according to engineering drawing specifications.
Spray surfaces of machines, manufactured products, or working area with protective or decorative material, such as paint, enamel, glaze, gelcoat, or lacquer, using spray gun, according to knowledge of painting technique.
Clean grease and dirt from product, using materials, such as lacquer thinner, turpentine, soap, and water.
Fill cavities and dents with putty, hands-on with sanding technique to attain smooth surface.
Select and mix coating liquid to produce desired colour, according to specifications, using paddle or mechanical mixer.
Rework, modify or alter component model or parts as required to ensure the qualities of works are in good condition and within required specification.
Responsible for safety & health matters and safe operation of rapid prototyping machines in workshop, housekeeping & 5S.
- Candidate must possess at least diploma or higher diploma in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering or any related discipline.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of experience in industrial design, engineering and prototype, model making, SRM & vacuum casting operations, and product finishing working knowledge of core discipline.
- Working experience in advanced and prototype engineering will be added advantage.
- Good hand and eye coordination required to perform detailed work.
- Knowledge and experience in 3D CADCAM modelling, understanding mechanical drawings and measuring technique of engineering parameters will be an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge in assembly – process, equipment, layout.
- In depth knowledge and experience in troubleshooting failure rig.
- The ability to work safely around chemicals and equipment.
- Understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
- No allergies related to dust, solvents or paints.
- Normal colour vision and good eye coordination to perform details work.
- No chest complaints.
- Ability to gather information & problem solve with a systematic, logical approach. Expected to be able to solve problems effectively whilst managing stakeholders’ expectations. May take a leading role in discipline or cross-functional team during such resolution.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.