- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. Better experiences.
We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore. Engineering exciting new technologies which defy convention and pioneer radical re-inventions that work.
Right now, we have ambitious plans to continue growing our Direct global business. The last year has propelled digital to the centre of every customer experience, opening more opportunities and a host of new avenues and technologies to explore.
About the role
As part of Global Commercial, the Experience Design and Research team is responsible for designing and delivering the strategic and tactical cross-category and multichannel Dyson experiences. Setting the vision and creating the journeys that bring our technology and products to life at every touchpoint. Ensuring the same attention to detail to each interaction as we do to the engineering of our machines. Led by research and insights, our focus is on joining the dots across the multiple channels to enhance the shopper and owner journeys that drive acquisition and retention, supporting the overall strategic direction of the business. Using our expertise to continually drive innovation and design the seamless digital experiences that set us apart from the competition.
You’ll be joining a team of smart, expressive people and given the encouragement, trust, and freedom to do the job we love. It’s a fast-paced way of working that will inspire you do the best and most fulfilling work of your career. You’ll get to tackle far-reaching problems with satisfying outcomes and quick turnarounds. Constantly challenging your own thinking to get to the best solution, using insight to drive a better experience.
You'll be responsible for delivering the design for multiple experiences across the full spectrum of digital channels and ensuring that execution is in line with expectation. You'll work closely with the senior team to understand the direction and enhance our shopper and owner journeys.
You'll have a sharp eye for detail and an aptitude for creating pixel perfect, user-friendly designs. A specialist in motion graphics (2D and 3D), you’ll integrate the latest design thinking and animation trends to visualise concepts and bring to life user-centred designs that build on our Dyson values.
Working collaboratively with multiple functions to ensure consistency in the executions of multiple campaigns, enhancements, and experience projects.
- A skilled and enthusiastic creative thinker. Execute the delivery of 3D models and digital assets as well as the UX and UI for multiple experiences across the full spectrum of Dyson’s digital channels.
- A keen eye for design, composition, timing and detail. Develop and deliver briefs from conception through to 3D modelling environments and final renderings.
- A strong understanding of animation production, motion design industry trends and a champion of best practice.
- Design insight-led enhancements that continuously optimise customer journeys.
- A digital obsessive, always seeking to learn and develop new skills with good awareness of the latest technologies and trends that will enhance and transform owner and shopper journeys.
- Confident at building strong relationships across teams, working collaboratively with other areas of the business to deliver seamless, integrated experiences.
- Good understanding of the impact design solutions have on the overall business objectives. Adept at adapting and problem-solving in an ever-evolving environment.
- Work closely with regional teams to understand market nuances and ensure local implementation meets the direction and standard expected.
- Confident with presenting ideas and concepts, comfortable at being challenged and in turn challenging others to get the best outcome.
- Engaging with team initiatives, actively developing the team culture.
- 3+yrs of relevant experience within agency and/or in-house design teams
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your eye for detail and digital skills
- Experience creating and executing responsive, mobile-first designs
- Experience creating prototypes, wireframes, storyboards, 3D/2D visualisations,
3D/2D animations and user flows
- Experience using 3D software tools such as Blender 3D, Maya or Cinema 4D
- Experience creating 3D and 2D animations for website visualisations
- Experience using tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Figma, XD, Axure, Invision and After Effects
- Excellent design skills and knowledge of insight-led user-centred design principles
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods and applications
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills
And ideally, but not essential:
- Understanding of emerging technologies: Virtual reality and augmented reality
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Free lunches
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.