- Business Development
- United States - Chicago Office
Job Title: US National Account Manager
Department: US B2B, Inc.
Reports to: General Manager B2B US
Direct Reports: US Key Account Managers
Classification: Leading Others
Property: Laptop, Credit Card, Cell phone
Level: Manager, Senior
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position (hereafter NAM) has ownership of the National Account sales function within the Dyson B2B business. NAM will execute and drive the National Account strategy and sales plan for the United States, which will result in delivery of sales and profit growth across Hospitality, Workplace, Retail, Food & Beverage, Grocery, Manufacturing and Automotive industries.
The National Account business is the fastest growing sales function within the U.S. Dyson B2B organization, managing essential established customers such as Starbucks, American Airlines, McDonalds, Costco, Live Nation, Hilton, Walgreens, AMC, Kroger, H&M, and others.
Accountability for delivery of Trading Profit and Gross Margin for the Dyson B2B business unit.
- Contribute significant level of Gross Margin ($4m+) as set by the business.
- Accomplish anticipated 25%+ annual growth rate.
- Ownership of overall pricing structures, gross margin per unit and brand building investment budget.
- Responsible for total portfolio of 100+ customer accounts.
Time allotment – 10%
Develop relationships with new high-profile national accounts, established customers and internal business partners.
- Represent Dyson at executive level to high profile, Fortune 500 organizations; demonstrate exemplary execution of Dyson principles.
- Seek out decision makers and influencers, to best manage the business.
- Comprehensive knowledge of customers; ability to communicate that knowledge, serving as the voice of the customer internally.
- Establish and execute plans regarding distribution, pricing, and product range. Regularly negotiate trading terms.
- Make regular visits to customer head office, stores, or influencing location anywhere within the US and, if appropriate, accompany customer to the global Dyson sites to cement joint business plans.
- Create positive working relationships across all levels of external organization.
Time allotment – 20%
Support and approve joint business plan for channels/customers managed by Key Account Managers (hereafter KAM)
- Educate KAMs on overall Dyson B2B National Account vision and strategy. Ensure they can represent Dyson at executive level to high profile and large organizations.
- Supervise channel plans for sectors owned and managed by KAM of Food & Beverage, Grocery, Convenience and Automotive and KAM of Health, Hospitality and Beauty at NAM discretion.
- Seek consensus and approval from external stakeholders for proposed plans; train KAMs to negotiate with accounts to company's position, maximizing profit outcomes.
- Manage funds and resources for the best return on investment. Analyze data and implement high quality solutions and actions to solve problems proactively with KAMs.
- Delegate development of new business channels that align with Dyson’s strategy. KAMs to identify opportunities and related risks. Assess situation and propose actions.
- Review sales, profit, and inventory goals on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis. Attend in person mid-year and year end reviews to encourage exceptional performance and continuous learning alongside the Dyson behaviors and values.
- Approve KAM pricing strategies, travel, and meeting requests.
Time allotment – 30%
Develop relationships with internal business partners.
- Work alongside Marketing Manager to jointly develop marketing and brand building investment strategy including but not limited to, budget planning, exclusive asset creation, cobranded materials, and online merchandising solutions.
- Work alongside Finance and Supply Chain Manager to secure inventory against forecasts/projections to ensure availability and order fulfilment.
- Implement customer acquisition and aftersales processes with Sr. Channel Manager and wider sales/service teams.
- Consult Dyson teams across the Americas (e.g., Canada) and globally to extend relationship with U.S. based organizations within these territories.
- Partner with Personal Care, Environmental Care and Floorcare Category Directors to build awareness and constructive collaboration of consumer technology case studies.
- Create positive working relationships across all levels of the business.
Time allotment – 20%
Manage processes for all business processes related to the position.
- Accountability for all legal documents and processes including execution of Non-Disclosure Agreements, Supplier/Purchase Agreements, Credit Insurance Applications, RFQ submissions and all other related administrative due diligence.
- Responsible for safe handling of confidential company information, contact data, financial details, and payment information.
Time allotment – 20%
Contribute to wider U.S. and Global Dyson B2B organization
- Serve as high performing member of the U.S. Leadership team and U.S. representative on Global Vertical teams.
- Suggest process improvement. Sharing knowledge, expertise, and new ways of working.
Develop personal business skills, to enable greater levels of contribution to the organization
- Seek out assessment and growth opportunities. Strive for personal excellence.
- Act with urgency to make the most of opportunities and accomplish goals and objectives of business.
- Develop expertise in all Dyson products.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role.
- Identify problems, root causes, and determine solutions.
- Full driver’s license with good driving record
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in business or related field preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in premium brand national account sales and account management
- Diverse experience supporting sales, operations, trade marketing, category management, and financial analysis required
- Strong proven track record of budget/quota delivery
- Experience being an active and high performing member of a team
- Demonstrate the ability to penetrate the appropriate customer, customer team, and internal functions to achieve maximum results on sales objectives
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for channels, customers, and products
- Proven ability to positively influence buyers and management level decision makers to achieve customer business volume plan
- Well-developed conflict resolution skills
- P&L proficiency and ability to optimize return on investment - ability to determine short and longer term sustainable outcomes rooted in analysis. Ability to provide insights to POS trends within account base
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, both at the account and product sales levels
- Good customer and cross functional interface capabilities
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Ability to accurately forecast demand
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; advanced proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrate competency with internal and syndicated systems, data, and content organization to support the needs of sales management
- Passion for the technology, and hunger to develop successful team
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects
- Low personal ego; high team orientation to succeed
- Objective, enthusiastic, committed, flexible, diligent, conscientious
- Accountable – takes ownership of business, customers, and relationships
- Explorer – Passion for the technology, and hunger to develop successful team
- Shrewd – Making the right decisions
- Fighter – Getting the best results
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans,
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.