- Business Development
- Canada - Toronto Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in Canada in 2006 with our headquarters in the heart of Toronto, where we’ve been recognized as one of the top employers to work for. In recent years, we’ve expanded our reach and grown exponentially across many teams, from digital and direct, to field sales, and our growing number of Dyson Demo stores.
Dyson (www.dysoncanada.ca) is about solving problems others seem to ignore and finding new ways to make everyday things work better. In 1978, James Dyson became frustrated with his vacuum cleaner’s diminishing performance. Five years and 5,127 prototypes later, he invented the world’s first bagless cyclonic vacuum cleaner. Today, we are 6,000 people strong across the world and are still focused on invention and improvement. We’ve designed bladeless fans and heaters, the most powerful cord-free vacuums powered by our patented Dyson digital motor and fast hygienic hand dryers that work in 12 seconds. Most recently, we’ve added purifiers, humidifiers, lighting and robots to our portfolio and launched our first innovation in the beauty category – Dyson Supersonic TM hair dryer. And we’re not done; our engineers continue to work on a pipeline of technology that stretches 25 years.
Dyson has a reputation for developing technology that is both different and better. But inventive thinking and revolutionary engineering are just the beginning – a big part of our success is due to the work we do with retailers and their staff, showing them what makes our products special, and inspiring them to connect with customers and increase sales. This is where our National Field and Demo Team come in.
About the role:
The Role of the National Sales Manager (NSM) is a critical position in Field Operations. The NSM is responsible for the health and growth of their Team Territories through ensuring successful achievement of specific targets and goals. Additionally, the NSM is required to uphold the expected standards of “Dyson Experience” via Merchandising Standards and over all Instore Retail Partnerships and Brand Presence. The NSM is to lead the National Field Team in successful execution of Marketing Programs and National Account Partner negotiations. The NSM will also be responsible to ensure that the Dyson Expert Team is supported via the Territory Sales Managers in Leadership; equipping the team with clear focus using the tools provided, ensuring successful Education, Dyson Selling Methods and Coaching to support achieving the “ Dyson Experience”, Company targets and metrics of the Dyson Demo Program.
The NSM will ensure the overall Field Canada Program is well executed Nationally in order to allow for impactful contribution from both our Field and Expert Teams while ensuring a “Best in Class” Dyson Experience for both our Retail Partners and Owners.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Represent Dyson and Dyson Values- Lead by Example
- Understand, support and roll out National Field Sales Canada- Department Program
- Lead, Manage, Motivate, Inspire and Coach a remote workforce to deliver results
- Liaison and build strong relationships with Dyson Internal Partners to ensure objectives are aligned and clearly defined
- Liaison and partner with Sr. National Retail Operations Planner as well as with Education to ensure needs are met and aligned with objectives and key metric indicators
- Effectively communicate expectations and results to foster performance and continuous improvement mindset
- Understand with regular review- Regional Performance, actively engage in driving impact and results
- Provide clear internal visibility via department communication tools
- Actively analyse Territory Performance & deliver Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews as well as action plans to support growth
- Ability to execute plans from A-Z with appropriate post - mortem
- Be an expert in “Retail Field Sales”, act as a key contributor internally representing the field, retail level feedback and other added value information to support internal partners.
- Proactively look for ways to create growth and contribution impacts for the Field Team
- Actively engage in Retail via retail tours to stay connected to pulse.
- Look to engage in Banner Retail Operations District/Regional Partners where applicable- Building Relationships as well as mine for potential opportunities
- Support Department Budget- build annual needs in collaboration with Director Field Sales
- Partner with Director and demonstrate high level of collaboration with partner National Sales Manager & Sr. National Planner
- 3-5 years of Regional Sales or National Sales Management in the Beauty Industry required- Prestige or Luxury preferred.
- Experience managing and leading a remote team
- Experience Coaching
- Proven ability to drive results, find solutions, work autonomously as required
- Strong Relationship Builder, Clear and Concise Communicator, Strong and Inspiring Presenter
- Excellence in Execution with proven results
- Business Acumen
- Strong personal accountability and commitment
- Experience with successful Budget Management
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to demonstrate sales analysis and findings in a meaningful way
- Ability to build supporting selling strategies and ability to influence support
- Ability to own projects with clear objectives, wins, risks and ROI as well as postmortem
- Works well in fast paced environment – Self Motivated – Self Starter
- High Level of Emotional Intelligence
- Growth Mindset
- Computer literate in MS Office,
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Post-Secondary Education preferred – ideally in Business
- Valid Drivers Licence, Good Driving Record and ability to travel within territory
- Comfortable with some potential overnight travel
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- Dyson Matching RSP contributions
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Competitive Paid Time Off including Floater Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Generous Maternity Leave Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-DYSON
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.