- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Solution Architecture team
Spanning across Dyson’s presence online, transactional capabilities, customer care, marketing support, front and back office and product development, manufacturing and supply chain it's technology that makes Dyson work, IT is the nerve centre of Dyson.
Like Dyson products, we embrace the latest technologies, excelling in quality and usability and challenging established markets and business models
Our mission is to empower Dyson by innovating in a connected, digital world. To be a trusted business partner and advisor, delivering world class, global, smart technology and services that are reliable, fit for purpose, innovative and value-orientated in support of our people and processes.
About the role
The Network Solution Architect, reporting to the Senior Manager - Infrastructure Architecture, will be responsible for:
- Network architecture, strategy and roadmap
- Innovation and emerging technologies
- Proof-of-Concept projects, lab trials, vendor/technology evaluation
- Customer/partner engagements
- Working closely with fellow Network Architects and Security Architects, other functional area Technical Architects, Programme and project managers, and wider business users to ensure robust, highly performing, reliable and scalable network solutions are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms.
- Leading the development of network evolution use cases and long-term network architecture in collaboration with business stakeholders, partners and fellow technical architects.
- Designing and recommending network solutions to align with business, process and application requirements.
- Providing advice and consultation to various teams throughout the business on matters relating to network design and operation, including mentoring of network engineers and analysts.
- Identifying gaps and requirements, ultimately researching, designing and delivering WAN/LAN and other networking-related solutions.
- Delivering business cases for various solution architectures, and high level design.
- Carrying out procurement and vendor selection, through to low level implementation and handover to operational teams.
- Self-driven individual with the capability to break out of their comfort zone and technology area
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written), proficient presenting and explaining technical information in a non-technical way
- Good communicator and collaborator, able to share your skills with others
- Decision making/problem solving skills
- Able to demonstrate a passion for technology and an ability to adopt quickly
- Business insight, technical knowledge and the ability to think strategically.
- Experience and understanding of newer network technologies such as Spine and Leaf, Software Defined Network (SDN), NFV, Openstack, OpenFlow and NSX.
- Understanding of advanced data centre networking equipment including Nexus 9K/7K/5K/2K, Catalyst series switches, Cisco routers, DR integration, next-gen firewalls, VPN etc.
- Experience with enterprise class network management/monitoring systems is desired (Solarwinds, Nagios, etc.).
- Solid understanding of layered network and security protocols including: Layer 2 - Ethernet, ARP, STP, VTP, VPC, MEC, LACP, PAGP, DOT1Q-Layer 3 - OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS, DMVPN, VRRP, HSRP, GLBP, ICMP, ESP (IPSEC), IP - Layer 4 - TCP, UDP - Layer 6 - SSL, TLS, SSH - Layer 7 - FTP, HTTP, DNS, Telnet, SSH, BGP.
- Exceptional documentation skills that can clearly articulate technical designs, issues and constraints, procedures, and network assessments.
- Good understanding of technology and process optimization techniques e.g. standardisation, consolidation, simplification and automation and an appetite for continuous improvement.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, network design or other related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Professional network vendor certifications such as Cisco CCNP R&S, CCDP, Juniper JNCIS-ENT, etc. (CCIE or equivalent is a plus).
- Experience with ITIL and Prince 2, and knowledge of formal architecture methodologies (TOGAF, Zachmann, etc.)
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.