- Graduates, Interns and Apprentices
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Our scale and rapid growth make Dyson rich in new opportunities. We value new ideas and diverse perspectives, so our people are trusted with real work and responsibility from the outset. You’ll develop fast and have the chance to move into different business areas and regions (delete for Interns). And you’ll be part of a global network of like-minded people – a community that supports and learns from each other.
At Dyson we do things differently. We look for the brightest new graduates with the right attitude to thrive in our unique culture. We offer real jobs with real salaries and real prospects. You will have autonomy and freedom to excel and have real impact on our business. You will be pushed forward to become our future leaders. This is why we need self-starters, people who are motivated and drive themselves forward.
About the role
Dyson has a strong and influential Quality business function. Within Quality, the New Product Quality department collaborates with Research, Design, Development (Engineering), Operations, Procurement and Commercial to drive forward advances in both product reliability and product satisfaction on all projects across all categories before launch.
Working as an integral member of the Reliability team you will be embedded within product development teams to drive improvement in product reliability, ensuring correct deployment of engineering quality tools.
Through this role you will.
- Contribute to critical design activity influencing quality, such as failure mode effects analysis (FMEA). Utilizing your engineering knowledge to identify risks and to support the definition of robust mitigating actions in both product design and manufacturing process.
- Outline the need for new or updated engineering requirements to prevent known issues from recurrence or new issues emerging.
- Work in collaboration with engineering and quality teams to conduct thorough root cause analysis and investigation utilising formal methodologies such as 8D analysis.
- Interrogate market data to compile reliability insight from existing product ranges bringing visibility and knowledge to the cross team on past issues and concerns.
- Investigate verification methods and apply best practice approaches to support test method development alongside test and engineering owners.
- Act as the voice of quality in design reviews, supporting decision making in the interests of robust design.
- Analyse data from manufacturing readiness and capability during engineering builds, to ensure process variations are within engineering specifications & reliability targets.
A career within quality will provide you with a broad foundation in engineering best practice and its application in early development programs. You will be mentored throughout, be an active participant in evolving Dyson`s approach to robust engineering while collaborating with multiple functions across the Dyson Research, Design, and Development community.
Our Graduate Programme
Our graduate programme is designed to help you drive your career at Dyson with a two-year journey to help you grow both personally and professionally. We’ll help you to improve your knowledge and support your future career progression with workshops to give you baseline soft skills in addition to technical training. Our unique experiential journey provides a framework so you can reach your full potential with leadership talks, lunch-and-learns and more. You may have the opportunity to rotate into a variety of teams to support your professional development.
- Working towards or have achieved a degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Design Engineering, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- You will be expected to present ideas and actively take part in discussions with colleagues, so be skilled at building relationships and collaboration.
- To be eligible you will need to have no more than two years of relevant work experience post-graduation (Phd students are not eligible for our graduate programmes).
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the expertise around you.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to multitask in a rapidly changing environment.
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.