- Mechanical Engineering, Product Design
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
- Location details
Working in our Acoustics team, you will use your previous experience and academic expertise to apply solutions to Dyson products, which are in millions of people's homes world wide. You will have freedom to explore your ideas and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team.
- Contribute to new concept development in house. Focus on technology delivery to enable our next generation of products.
- Support Acoustic/Vibration modeling and propose solution on resolving engineering problem
- Identify potential new research areas that would benefit from Noise and Vibration Technology development.
- Drive designs forward based on sound engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process with regards to noise and vibration
- Solving day to day challenging engineering problems and communicate solutions throughout the team and RDD.
- Work with the UK to deliver new concept development team
- Provide suggestion and solution to Design Team for Dyson product flow related improvement.
- Work on the acoustic performance of our class leading products from the concept to post production stage.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Noise and Vibration or Acoustics or equivalent.
- Experience in an analytical based company, consultancy or research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Proactive and self-starter when it comes to troubleshooting and problem solving
- Understanding of fundamental of flow induced vibration and acoustic as well as experimentation technique.
- Experience in mechanical signature analysis is preferred. Able to apply FFT, wavelet or Hilbert transform in analysis.
- Experience of Noise of Vibration measurement hardware and software for data acquisition. B&K Pulse, MATLAB and LabView preferred but not essential.
- Understanding of statistical techniques/Six Sigma tool and ability to interpret performance testing data.