- £ Competitive
- Project Management
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As a Product Development and Technology company it is imperative that Dyson has an over-arching framework to govern product development. We must reliably deliver superior products to market quicker than our competition and with consistency.
Our ambitions are bold, by 2025 we aim to Double Dyson; double sales volumes, double the quantity of products in our portfolio and halve time to market.
In order for our projects to be delivered effectively our project leadership teams need to be equipped to discharge their accountabilities, with the right mechanisms /processes, tools (and competencies) at their disposal. The governance of our Product Creation Framework will need to evolve to accommodate more complex products, and as the size of the portfolio increases the governance needs to be designed as simple and streamlined as possible. We need faster, smarter product development throughout the lifecycle.
This role resides centrally within the CEO Office and will:1) Lead the development of new project delivery capabilities2) Lead and independently govern the Product Creation Framework and Chair Milestones 3) Lead and develop new Portfolio Management capabilities
About the roleVision
- Lead the development a multi-year plan; establish project and programme management capabilities required to enable project teams to deliver new products to market reliably and fast
- Lead by example to demonstrate good Governance; win ‘hearts and minds’, prove the benefits of robust governance, improve decision making, escalations and manage risk
- Develop the vision and implement capabilities to better manage our growing portfolio; Portfolio Health, Constraints and Interdependencies between categories and individual projects.
- Lead the team to develop the Integrated Project Information Management solution
- Develop the Risk, Issue and Opportunity Management capability
- Develop the Integrated Project Change Management capability
- Manage the Project Planning and Scheduling capability
- Establish and implement Policy, Process, Guides and training for these capabilities
- Integrate across functions; Almost all functions in Dyson contribute towards product development, so it is imperative that functional contribution is coherent and aligned.
- Chair the Milestones, improve the rigour and uphold diligence to assess project status and health
- Portfolio Management
- Develop capabilities that enable Dyson to measure and monitor the health of our Portfolio
- Identify dependencies and constraints
- Build and develop a focussed team that will lead development of capabilities outlined
- Build positive relations with stakeholders representing all areas of the business
- Work across the CEO Office and in particular partner with Product Creation Framework Team
- Broad understanding of Product Development
- In depth knowledge and demonstrable experience of programme and project management
- Experience of developing Project management tools and systems
- Experience of policy and process design and implementation
- Experience of working with multiple senior stakeholders
- Managing expectations and working with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Cross-functional experience is desired
- Global team leadership is desired
Critical leadership competencies
- Communication with impact to all levels of the organisation including senior executives;
- the ability to distil complex issues into clear effective messages
- creates a compelling vision for the team gaining support from the team and from stakeholders
- Collaboration –excellent interpersonal skills, proactively creates maintains and promotes a strong network of connections with colleagues across the business
- Builds knowledge across teams, acquiring and sharing business critical information
- Influence at scale; ability to impart change on a large scale
- Change Management – adept at managing change, preparing, support and guiding their team and their stakeholders through organisational changes
- Credibility; ability to have your voice heard and set direction that key stakeholders are willing to follow
- Judgement and decision making -comfortable with change and ambiguity and can act without having the total bigger picture.
- Complex problem solving with excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Capable of working at a strategic level, whilst also managing day-to-day activity to deliver key elements of the business plan
- Resilience and composure to guide projects and teams through arising issues, overcoming challenges to deliver high quality business outcomes
- Integrity and Assertiveness, willing to communicate all relevant information including perceived ‘bad news’ and hold teams to account to deliver
- Consistently role models the values and fosters the values in the team. Welcomes open feedback with a clear commitment to self –improvement
- Possesses a brand of leadership which a diverse and collaborative working culture encouraging openness, honesty and psychological safety. Builds strong team spirit and celebrates success.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.