- Strategy and Transformation
- Singapore - Technology Centre
At Dyson we invent great products with unique technology, a bold design and aim to deliver a transformational user experience.
Our ambitions are bold, by 2025 we aim to Double Dyson; double sales volumes, double the quantity of products in our portfolio and halve time to market.
As a company with over 14,000 employees it is imperative that Dyson has a well designed Management super-structure and operational framework through which the board’s direction and targets are cascaded, duties are distributed, authority delegated and decisions are made and collated.
Our Management super-structure needs to be as streamlined as possible. We need faster, smarter decision making, so that we reliably deliver superior products to market quicker than our competition and with consistency.
This Role is within the CEO Office providing central oversight and direction, aiming to systematically improve Dyson’s operational effectiveness.
This role will own the vision, design and ongoing improvements to the Enterprise-wide Governance Framework, it’s policies and process.
About the role
- Be the business’s Champion for the Enterprise Governance Framework. Sell the Vision for the framework; Why we need it, What it is, and How functions, teams and individuals engage with it
- Lead by example to demonstrate good Governance; win ‘hearts and minds’, prove the benefits of robust governance, improve decision making, escalations and manage risk
Governance Framework Design
- Design the framework; it must constantly improve to meet evolving business requirements and implement updates a result of the operating model changes
- Identify opportunities to streamline and reduce bureaucracy and areas of missing governance requiring improvement
- Integrate across functions; determine and define how functions need to work in partnership to enable effective decision making and avoid duplication
- Working alongside Exec Co, SSG, and SSG-1 members develop and continually improve individual Governance Forums; purpose, scope, attendees, input and outcomes
- Enable deployment of the Corporate Strategy and the ongoing monitoring of it’s implementation and execution
- Develop a communications and engagement strategy to make governance and decision making more transparent
- Develop communications material and methods for implementing governance updates while assuring the awareness of our leadership teams
- Independent oversight
- Established expectations and uphold the rigour and diligence for effective governance
Enable informed decision making
- Work with Global Data Services to set business requirements for Data use, KPIs and key measures to enable informed decision making
- Build positive relations with stakeholders representing all areas of the business
- Work across the CEO Office and in particular partner with the Strategy Team, Portfolio Management Team and Product Creation Framework team
- Proven track record of influencing and embedding change and improved ways-of-working
- Experience of developing Governance methodologies and frameworks
- Broad understanding of business operations
- Cross-functional experience is desired
- Experience of policy and process design and implementation
- Experience of working with multiple senior stakeholders
- Managing expectations and working with diverse groups of stakeholders
Critical leadership competencies
- Communication with impact to all levels of the organisation including senior executives; the ability to distil complex issues into clear effective messages
- Is self aware and adapts communication style to influence the situation and achieve the desired outcome
- Influence at scale; ability to impart change on a large scale and always acting in the best interests of Dyson
- Complex problem solving with excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Credibility; ability to have your voice heard and set direction that key stakeholders are willing to follow
- Able to think laterally and has a reputation of delivering business focussed solutions
- Excellent Interpersonal skills to build strong relations across the global organisation
- Judgement and decision - considers the risks before taking action and selects the option that has the best balance of risk and reward, encouraging input from others when it is appropriate
- Change Management - comfortable and competent at managing change, bringing team and stakeholders along,
- Resilience and composure to guide projects and teams through arising issues, overcoming challenges to deliver high quality business outcomes
- Integrity and Assertiveness, willing to communicate all relevant information including perceived ‘bad news’ and hold teams to account to deliver
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.