- Operational Engineering
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes.
About the role
We are looking for candidates with a strong appreciation for science and technology to join Dyson, as Operational Engineering Technician - Senior, to allow the GPVT Test Operations Team to keep pace with Dyson’s ambition for incremental growth in product categories and product range in the coming years.
The right candidate can be excited with prospects of being able to support, in conjunction with Test Development and R&D Engineers,
- Development of new and unique test methodologies to verify product performance
- Stress testing of new product designs, fulfilling a desire to ensure delivery of a robust and quality product to consumers.
- Investigate, first-hand, competitive performance
- Assist Labowner/Operational Engineer in executing daily lab activities.
- Ensure all the test activities are performed in accordance to prescribed test matrix and test procedures such as Dyson Test Methods and/or International Standards (IEC, ASTM, QB/T, etc).
- Assist in the preparation of test result summaries and reports.
- Highlight observed test issues / test anomalies to Engineers, supporting fault investigations and remedial action.
Test Facilities and Equipment
- Perform regular benchmarking of test facilities and report results to Engineers.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all test equipment & rigs in a timely manner.
- Support the development or modification of test jigs, fixtures and/or testing tools.
- Ensure test equipment are calibrated within valid calibration intervals.
- Troubleshoot test equipment related issues.
Workplace Health & Safety
- Maintain proper housekeeping in the test areas at all times.
- Enforce observance of health & safety regulations in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Participate in safety audits, highlighting potential safety issues to Labowner/Operational Engineer/Operational Manager/H&S Manager for investigation and remedial action.
Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum Diploma in Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineering or similar.
- Some experience with performance or quality testing from consumer electronics or regulated industries are plus factors, though not essential. Fresh graduates are very much encouraged to apply.
- Good technical problem-solving skills and reasoning ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively & clearly information or ideas at a technical level.
- Possess the ability to apply simple mathematical principles and statistics to interpret and report results.
- Able to work on first shift pattern (Monday to Friday from 7 am to 3 pm/4 pm) with occasional cross shift support.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.