- Information Technology
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge - more categories, more locations and more people.
Global IT transforms the way Dyson does business through world class IT Services and Systems. We demand the highest standards of performance from the technologies we engineer and our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers.
Our aim is to strategically partner to shape our future business, to provide exceptional IT service delivery and continuity whilst driving continuous improvement to deliver transformational change across the company. We are a team that drives operational excellence within IT to achieve exceptional results.
About the role
The Global Application Operations Manager will work closely with IT Directors, Business Stakeholders, Product Owners, Project Managers, Internal/External Developers, Strategic Partners and 3rd Party Vendors. In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Shape, manage and own the core operational services across the E2E Service Delivery for digital business requirements (including but not limited to Access Management, Asset Management, Financial Services including Budget Stewardship and Investment Planning and 3rd Party Contract Requirements/Reviews/Renewals).
- Facilitate routine governance with IT and LoB stakeholders on financial status and contract renewals.
- Manage operational service contract renewals and support renewal negotiations with finance and procurement teams - own the timelines and escalate/mitigate renewal issues as necessary
- Manage the operational mitigation of business escalations and provide operational responsibility for alignment with legal teams and internal/external audit on global/regional legislation and industry regulatory requirements.
- Provides governance for data classification, segregation of duties and system access controls in line with central IT policies.
- Facilitate service performance and management reviews with service providers and internal teams against service SLA/OLA/KPI and contracted obligations.
- Provide alignment with service architects and LoB stakeholders on Business KPIs & demand forecasts for investment planning and budget submissions
- Provide service and operational process CSI including SCRUM delivery management on the operations maturity backlog.
- Publish routine Senior Leadership level MI on core services, financial status and contract renewals.
- Provide ownership and support for IT Digital Applications catalogue services as required.
- Experience and a proven track record of managing a complex suite of business applications
- Experience of defining and implementing organisational processes for Global IT Service and Operations
- Experience of leading, coaching and managing a team of IT operational professionals
- Experience of managing strategic partner and 3rd party vendor performance
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to build from good relationships (globally)
- Ability to gather and assimilate information
- Up to date knowledge of modern IT Operations
- Ability to be adapt and prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- Good knowledge of quality standards, legislation and best practice (ITIL / VeriSM)
- Experience of integrated systems and engineering tools and technologies
- Experience of data handling (legislation, Regulation, Security)
- Experience of back office applications (ERP, Finance, Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain)
- Experience of front office applications (E-Commerce, CDN/CRM/Integration)
- Experience of IT operations toolsets Service Now, Advanced Excel, Visio, Sharepoint, Teams, Confluence, Jira.
27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Free on-site parking
Discounts on Dyson machines
Private Medical and Dental
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.