- Information Technology
- Malaysia - Global Development Campus, Johor Bahru
Job Title: Printer Operations Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Reporting to: Head of Service Operations - Workplace Technology Solutions
Location: Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Dyson Business Services (DBS) provides process and service excellence to support Dyson’s growth ambitions with a goal of operating and enhancing services over time to meet the changing needs of the business. This new role will be primarily responsible for optimizing the management of global printer fleet life cycle and usage combined with ad-hoc data analysis to drive improved accuracy and completeness whilst identifying trends and optimising outcomes for DBS and the broader organization.
Our Workplace Technology Services (WTS) Team exists to:
- Deliver world class employee experience of delivery of IT Service Desk, collaboration, and end user compute services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
- Drive continual improvement into the WTS processes and operations in line with Dyson’s growth.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the employee and business stakeholders, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
- Work with project teams to help ensure new WTS and capabilities are successfully introduced to add value for the business and user community.
- Deliver service for workplace technology operations that ensure simple and effective solutions for end users.
The Printer Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the global deployment, management, and optimization of IT networked multi-function printers across our organization. This role will play a critical part in ensuring seamless print operations, cost-effectiveness, and adherence to security and compliance standards. The role will also under take additional task as assigned by the manager.
Printer Fleet Management:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for managing a large-scale, global printer fleet.
- Coordinate procurement, deployment, and disposal of printers, ensuring optimal placement and usage.
- Ensure Asset management accuracy and completeness for all devices.
- Collaborate with IT teams and third-party providers to ensure seamless integration of printers within the corporate network.
- Implement and maintain secure printing protocols to protect sensitive data.
- Establish and maintain relationships with printer vendors and service providers.
- Negotiate contracts, monitor service level agreements, and manage vendor performance.
- Monitor and analyse printing costs and usage patterns to identify opportunities for optimization and cost reduction.
- Implement print policies, user education, and other strategies to control costs.
Security and Compliance:
- Ensure printers are configured and maintained in compliance with industry and company-specific security standards.
- Implement and monitor print security policies, including user authentication and data encryption.
Technical Troubleshooting and Support:
- Provide third-level support for complex printer-related issues, working closely with the IT support team.
- Develop and deliver training programs for end-users and support staff.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Develop dashboard and generate regular reports on printer usage, performance, and cost metrics.
- Analyse data to make informed recommendations for improvements.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends and technologies in print management.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to enhance overall efficiency.
- Self-starter, independent thinker.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and efficiency.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in printer fleet management, preferably in a large, complex organization.
- Strong knowledge of IT networking principles, protocols, and security standards.
- Proficiency in printer technologies, including hardware, software, and associated management tools.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Previous experience in negotiating contracts with hardware vendors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.