- China - Shenzhen Remote
The role of the Operations Manager is to manage and implement significant operationally focused projects. These individual projects will:
Deliver benefits to our manufacturing operations both internal and external to Dyson. Lead the introduction of either new products or technologies from the start of development through the mass production.
Responsible for executing complex operations activities to ensure products of right quality are manufactured in a timely fashion following manufacturing best practice impacting a specified function or region of Dyson.
Responsible for the coordination of cross functional teams. These cross-function teams are to deliver, monitor and implement all actions related to the implementation of a challenging engineering project into mass production. S/He is also responsible for the operation sustenance in tier 1 suppliers.
This role will also be expected to identify future opportunities/benefits to our manufacturing operations. The position is a hands-on role providing key leadership in project planning, execution and implementation.
Very close interaction with team members of Dyson teams and external manufacturers is paramount to the success of the role.
Examples of Projects are:
- Implementation of new contract manufacturer under the regulated industry
- Manage end to end Capital Expenditure
- Experience in supply chain design or manufacturing fulfillment model design, working with JDM, ODM, and other service level offerings in contract manufacturing and design
- Implementation of new products/technologies into manufacturing
- Driving CSER program
- Driving Kaizen/Continuous Improvement/Lean for tier 1 supplier.
Efficiency Program related to:
- Waste reduction.
- Engineering Change Management.
- Process improvements.
Key component manufacturing
- Project Management
- Provide Leadership, coordination of assigned projects.
- Management of key stakeholders within the project.
- Co-ordination of cross functional teams both internally/externally.
- Implement key efficiency program that reduce cost, improve quality.
- Implementation of Process Engineering changes to drive increased adherences to specifications.
- Ensure projects that are delivering a cost benefit are reviewed/tracked to ensure benefits are realized.
Skills Person Specification
- Project/Program Management experience.
- Self-motivated, independent, result-driven, ability to deliver under pressure and in tight timelines.
- Manufacturing awareness – Understanding the drivers and technologies of a manufacturing organization.
- Candidates must possess at least a bachelor’s degree in engineering/Management.
- At least 8-10 years of working experience in manufacturing environment with at least 3-5 years handling project/program management.
- Team player with a strong level of commitment to project deliverables.
- Work with stakeholders in all functions to improve product cost, quality and delivery.
- Deliver accurate project planning and reporting including budget vs. actual status, project plans, milestone reporting, lessons learned and RAG status.
- Drive problem solving and identify improvement opportunities to optimize delivery of implementation
- Manage project risks and issues affecting time plan; identify constrains and critical path; formulate mitigation and manage escalation with stakeholders.
- Manage and resolve project related issues, risks, and changes.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced and intellectually challenging work environment, being resilient and able to handle pressure
- Experience in Operations role for ODM/JDM, as well as contract manufacturing environment.
- Strong awareness of cost factors in manufacturing, takes accountability in managing manufacturing cost and supports optimization of product cost.
- Lean Manufacturing Principles – Understanding the principles of lean and how to apply to a manufacturing organization.
- Six Sigma training preferable.
- Knowledge of manufacturing process, equipment, test / validation / qualification.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.