- Mexico - Mexico City Office
Operations Manager - Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Dyson began twenty-one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently, and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
At Dyson we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge conventions, and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
We are hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention, and be unafraid to make mistakes). We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic, and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
- The role is to lead an operations team to deliver new projects into production on time on cost andon quality and to ensure that ongoing production demand met.
- The role will lead a team of experienced operationally focused project managers/leaders who are responsible for the coordination of cross-functional teams. These cross-function teams are to deliver, monitor, and implement all actions related to the implementation of a challenging engineering project into massproduction.
- To drive adherence to the manufacturing plans for the products that have entered production.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate strong leadership with a clear hands-on approach in delivering the objectives by using proven project management and influencing skills. They will have the responsibility to overcome all obstacles in ensuring the projects are delivered to time, cost, and specification.
- A key attribute for the ideal candidate is to have a complete understanding of all aspects of transferring a project from the design phase into mass manufacture and the obstacles that are encountered.
- Competent risk and issue management including effective escalation, executive summary, and clear data-based recommendations for decisions making and expenditure.
- This role is required to challenge all teams in driving improved performance in all aspects of operations management and notably the results in achieving consistent manufacturing quality and output post SOP.
- To ensure that best practice manufacturing systems are being used, and to continue to challenge how we operate within the factories.
- Once in production the team is responsible for maintaining the high standards of Dyson products on a daily basis. Every product must be of the same high standard.
These roles report to the Senior leadership level. Very close interaction with team members of Dyson teams and external manufacturers is paramount to the success of the role. Examples of projects are:
- Implementation of new contractor manufacturer/sub-contractor
- Implementation of new products/technologies into manufacturing
- Driving CSR program
- Efficiency Program related to:
- Waste reduction
- Process improvements
- Engineering Change Management
Key component manufacturing
- Project Management
- Provide Leadership, coordination of assigned projects
- Management of key stakeholders within the project
- Co-ordination of cross-functional teams both internally/externally
- Implement key efficiency programs that reduce cost, improve quality
- Implementation of Process Engineering changes to drive increased adherence to specifications.
- Ensure projects that are delivering a cost-benefit are reviewed/tracked to ensure benefits are realized.
- Manufacturing Operations experience in running high volume high mix production, and the deliverance of complex projects into production.
- Drive and monitor factory efficiency performance.
- Manufacturing awareness – Understanding the drivers and technologies of a manufacturing organization.
- Supplier Management skills (ensure adequate supplier base to give flexibility, capacity, and competitive supplies).
- Project/Program Management experience – Knowledge of new product realization, including all DFX disciplines, risk assessment, risk mitigation planning, issue resolution, and commonly accepted best practices.
- Industrial engineering skills preferable (minimize cycle time, line balance, labor, and machine effectiveness).
- Motivated by driving continuous improvement to the working practices and processes.
- Ability to think strategically with confidence and speed in execution.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Ability to lead and motivate others, not in a direct line of responsibility; this roleis to influence change.
- Proven ability to lead and coordinate team activity in the multifunctional environment as well as successfully manage multiple teams with a collaborative/mentoring style.
- Strong skills and experience partnering with leaders in the business – identifying needs and finding solutions that multiple leaders can agree on
- Ability to recruit, develop, and motivate personnel to balance staffing strength with profitability and growth.
- Ability to adjust to rapid changes within the business, work in a fast-paced
- environment, deliver under pressure and in tight timelines.
- Self-motivated, independent, result-driven.
- Effective and outstanding communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Candidates must possess at least a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- At least 10 to 15 years of working experience in relevant industry (preferably in an electronics manufacturing environment, and handling project/program management), and to have held at least one senior position for the last 5 -years.
- Project Management – Proven Experience/Formal Training.
- Excellent communication skills with superior command of written & spoken English.
- Team player with a strong level of commitment to project deliverables.
- Knowledge of plastic injection mold tooling and/or line jigs/fixture/testing equipment validation & qualification.
- Spray painting knowledge.
- MS project knowledge.
- Six Sigma Training.
- Lean Manufacturing Principles – Understanding the principles of lean and how to apply them to a manufacturing organization.
- Cost control behaviors/business acumen.
*Please note this role is based in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico*
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.