- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, its also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available.
There are over 1,200 of us in the UK and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. Dyson people are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes). We’re creative, collaborative, practical, enthusiastic and resourceful. But most of all we’re passionate about what we do.
About the roleThe role of the Operations Project Leader is to manage and implement significant operationally focused projects. These individual projects will:
- Deliver benefits to our manufacturing operations both internal and external to Dyson.
- Improve the introduction of either new products or technologies from the start tooling phase of development through mass production.
Examples of Projects are:
- Implementation of new products/technologies into manufacturing
- Driving Kaizen/Continuous Improvement/Lean for prime contractor/sub-contractor.
- Driving cross-team collaboration to deliver commitments to our internal and external customers in the right quantity, at the right time and at the desired quality
- Waste reduction
- Engineering Change Management
- Process improvements
- Productivity improvements
- Line planning
- Project Management
- Provide Leadership, coordination of assigned projects
- Management of key stakeholders within the project
- Co-ordination of cross functional teams both internally/externally
- Implement key efficiency program that reduce cost, improve quality
- Implementation of Process Engineering changes to drive increased adherences to specifications.
- Ensure projects that are delivering a cost benefit are reviewed/tracked to ensure benefits are realized
- Possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Management.
- At least 2 years of working experience in an manufacturing environment with at least 1 year handling project/program management
- Capability to self-learn
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Keep close tracking on the progress of the project time plan.
- Ability to multi task effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills with good command of written & spoken English
- Able to work under pressure.
- Time management skill is added advantage.
- Ability to work well with internal and external staff and community partners
- Comfortable with a fast-paced and intellectually challenging work environment
- Six Sigma Training
- Lean Manufacturing Principles- Understanding the principles of lean and how to apply to a manufacturing organization
- Cost control behaviors/business acumen
- Knowledge of plastic injection mould tooling and/or line jigs/fixture/testing equipment validation & qualification
- Seven QC Tools for Project Solving Methodology
- Must be self-driven.
- Good knowledge of Kaizen.
- With SPC Knowledge.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.