- Manufacturing and tooling
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
To do this we need the best talent to build our teams. We're leading the way for developing new technologies that solve every problems, there are opportunities for Operations Project Managers to join our rapidly expanding operations Dyson's Malaysia Development Centre in Senai, Johor.
If you would like to express interest in upcoming engineering management roles in Malaysia, please apply below and attach a copy of your latest CV.
About the role
- The role of the Operations Project Manager is to manage and deliver significant operationally focused projects in our category team. The individual delivers benefits to our manufacturing operations both internal and external (contract manufacturers) to Dyson and improve the introduction of either new products or technologies from the start of development through the mass production. The Operations Project Manager is responsible for product life cycle from new product development, start of production, sustaining production and finally EOL, coordinating cross-functional resources both internally and externally to implement and deliver the project objectives. This position is a hands-on role providing key leadership in project planning, executing, monitoring and controlling as well as closing.
- Setup/ Manage new and existing contract manufacturers in Malaysia and Philippines
- Prepare and manage CapEx to support new projects or capacity uplifts Implement of new products/ technologies into manufacturing
- Drive CSR program Drive Kaizen/ Continuous Improvement/ Lean at internal and contract manufacturers
- Lead efficiency program related to waste reduction, engineering change management, process & quality improvements, productivity improvements and assembly capacity planning
- Provide leadership, manage and coordination of cross functional teams and key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Deliver accurate project planning and reporting including budget vs. actual spent, project plans and status, milestone reportingm and lessons-learned
- Provide solutions and mitigation to the project risks and issues
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Management with at least 8 years of working experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 3 years handling project/program management
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Project, Excel and Powerpoint
- Self-motivated, independent, result-driven and multitasking
- Manufacturing awareness – Understanding the drivers and technologies of a manufacturing organization
- Critical thinker with ability of mitigating project risk and resolving issues Excellent team player with a strong level of commitment to project deliverables
- Positive attitude and able to handle pressure at work
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.