- Information Technology
- Malaysia - Global Development Campus, Johor Bahru
Job Title: Printer Operations Specialist
Contract Type: Permanent
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Reporting to: Print Operations Manager - Workplace Technology Solutions
Location: Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Dyson Business Services (DBS) provides process and service excellence to support Dyson’s growth ambitions with a goal of operating and enhancing services over time to meet the changing needs of the business. This new role will be primarily responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of Dyson printer fleet on a daily basis as well as implement process improvements to enhance overall printer efficiency.
Our Workplace Technology Services (WTS) Team exists to:
- Deliver world class employee experience of delivery of IT Service Desk, collaboration, and end user compute services to Dyson’s global employees (circa 15,500 users)
- Drive continual improvement into the WTS processes and operations in line with Dyson’s growth.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the employee and business stakeholders, ensuring regular communication of service requirements, service improvements, risks, service changes, service outages and service issues.
- Work with project teams to help ensure new WTS and capabilities are successfully introduced to add value for the business and user community.
- Deliver service for workplace technology operations that ensure simple and effective solutions for end users.
The Printer Operations Specialist will play a vital role in ensuring the smooth operation of our printer fleet on a daily basis. This role will involve hands-on management, troubleshooting, and user support, as well as collaboration with the Printer Operations Manager to implement strategic initiatives. The role will also undertake additional task assigned by manager.
Printer Deployment and Maintenance:
- Assist in the deployment, setup, and configuration of printers across various locations.
- Conduct routine maintenance, including hardware inspections and firmware updates.
- Provide first and second-level support for printer-related issues, including troubleshooting, diagnosis, and resolution.
- Assist end-users in configuring printer settings and resolving print job errors.
Printer Supplies Management:
- Monitor printer supply levels and coordinate replenishment efforts.
- Work with vendors to ensure timely delivery of consumables, such as toner and paper.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software-related printer issues.
- Escalate complex problems to higher-level support or the Printer Operations Manager when necessary.
Training and Documentation:
- Develop and maintain user guides, troubleshooting documentation, and best practice materials.
- Conduct training sessions for end-users and support staff on printer usage and basic troubleshooting.
- Perform regular quality checks to ensure printers are functioning optimally.
- Document and report any recurring issues for further analysis.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of printers, parts, and supplies.
- Assist in asset tracking and disposal processes.
Compliance and Security:
- Assist in implementing and enforcing security protocols for printers in alignment with company policies.
- Ensure printers adhere to compliance standards and regulations.
- Self-starter, independent thinker.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and efficiency.
- Degree/Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in printer fleet management, preferably in a large, complex organization.
- Knowledge of IT networking principles, protocols, and security standards.
- Proficiency in printer technologies, including hardware, software, and associated management tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.