- Operational Engineering
- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world-class research, design and development (RDD) department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people to create products which fulfil our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
About the role
Reporting to the Operations manager, this role is responsible for managing the Product Verification Technician team as well as multiple test facilities.
The role requires the management of the team to enable timely testing and reporting of product performance to verify total product performance across Dyson categories. Scope includes the Co-ordination and supervision of daily activities relating to the Operations technician team and test facility environments. Support multiple RDD projects through ensuring team is resourced and allocated appropriately to deliver correct and timely results. Be the primary point of contact for internal business partners. To be capable of working with operational independence.
- Responsible for day to day operational supervision, performance and engagement of the team
- Develop strong working relationships with Dyson business partners, building a good understanding of their requirements and ensuring quality output.
- Working together with the test development and verification teams to better understand planning requirements, prioritising and delivering work for project teams, co-ordinating the department’s workflow.
- Responsible for supporting long-term resource planning and conducting recruitment.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Ensure health and safety compliance within laboratory environment at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining a record of all equipment and consumables
- Make recommendations for new equipment and source appropriate, cost effective solutions working directly with vendors
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement within the area.
Based in the UK but part of a global team the successful candidate will be responsible for leading a dynamic team of cross category technicians in the verification and investigation of new Dyson technologies. The candidate should have proven leadership skills and experience in managing across a multifunctional environment, be highly people orientated with a keen understanding of process. Liaising with project teams both in the UK and SEA the candidate will require high levels of communication in all forms, sitting within a global team being able to deliver with clarity is essential. To lead continuous improvement projects the candidate should be driven, tenacious and independent with a solution orientated mind set.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits programme with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham, Swindon and Bath
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- On-site gym
- Electrical vehicle lease scheme options
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.