- Design and Development
- Singapore - Technology Centre
Dyson are looking for a talented Packaging Designer at our Singapore Campus. As a Packaging Designer, you will work within our newly established Design group in South East Asia under the Global Design and Product Experience team. You will have the opportunity to work on Dyson’s entire product portfolio across all categories. You are passionate about packaging and the out of box experience; able to look beyond legacy and challenge expected packaging execution in order to elevate the design intent. You will travel frequently to collaborate with our Graphics & Packaging engineering team and global development and manufacturing network.
About the role
- Own the look and feel of Dyson’s packaging. Be a custodian to ensure our packaging has a consistently strong user-centred, environmental and ‘best-in-class’ approach.
- Constantly aware of the latest challenges and potential opportunities that arise in development and manufacturing.
- Develop innovative and user-centric solutions in every step of the packaging development process.
- Ensure delivery of the packaging and out-of-box experience according to the established design vision.
- Supporting Design and Product Experience reviews with senior stakeholders taking place in SEA.
- Willing to challenge assumptions and bring the ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas to the unique problems associated to achieving ‘best-in-class’ packaging & out of box experiences.
- Zoom-in and sweat the intricate details of the design while still keeping the overall design intent in mind.
- Utilise digital and physical tools (sketching, renderings and 3D mock-ups) to validate design solutions.
- Collaborate with our global network of designers and engineers.
- A degree in Industrial/Product Design, Packaging Design, or equivalent
- Hands-on industry design experience developing packaging from concept to production.
- Strong product focussed design skills – layout, graphics, sketching, prototyping along with problem solving and analytical skills.
- Highly skilled in 2D and 3D packaging design software (Kasemake, ArtiosCAD, NX, Solidworks, Adobe Creative Suite etc.)
- Experienced in rendering software (Keyshot, VRed etc.)
- Solid technical knowledge and understanding of core packaging engineering principles.
- Working knowledge of a wide range of packaging manufacturing technologies and materials.
- Confident communicator with the ability to clearly present ideas both verbally and visually.
- Assertive and diplomatic – a great collaborator and receptive of constructive criticism.
- Mandarin language skills are preferred but not required.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.