- Product Design
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia
About the roleBased in our development centre in Senai, Johor, the Dyson Packaging Engineer is responsible for delivering packaging solutions for Dyson's products and supporting the business in related tasks, which shall include in particular, but not limited to the following:
- Strategic thinker with a clear understanding of how to develop and present effective product packaging solutions to the relevant stakeholders.
- Working closely with NPI team & UK packaging team on new product packaging development. Support the development of the packaging vision, defining development budget and agreed target cost to kick-off the development activity.
- Identify and evaluate new packaging materials, technologies and concepts as well as emerging packaging trends.
- Design, develop and qualify new packages through various test standards to ensure packages meet higher reliability standards within agreed budget and deadline.
- Ensure Packaging formats are investigated and rationalised to ensure they are fit for purpose and manufacturing process.
- Generate and register packaging CAD drawings with full specification and requirement for execution.
- Contribute ideas and participate in finding solution to resolve failures.
- Working closely with UK packaging team and various business functions to ensure packaging solutions deliver within agreed budget and deadline.
- The ideal candidate will be degree qualified with a minimum of 1 years packaging development work experience with supporting skills in managing packaging development projects.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional and colllabrative team environment.
- Demonstrated design skills in product packaging, conceptual layouts and analysis.
- Thorough understanding of the product packaging development process and relationship to the product Lifecycle.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills and demonstrated ability to solve problems cross functionally and regionally.
- Experience with designing product packaging to survive domestic and international distribution and supply chains.
- Fundamental knowledge of product packaging development as well as primary packaging development including: clamshells, thermal foaming, bags, corrugated inserts, folding cartons, pulp tray and internal protective packaging.
- Thorough understanding of design for manufacturability concepts used to optimize the overall performance and features of the final package. (Cost, Quality, Reliability, Manufacturability).
- Thorough knowledge of packaging technologies and manufacturing processes.
- Proficient with 3D CAD systems.
- Proficient in generating engineering documentations (technical drawings, shipping configuration, analysis report) Strong problem-solving skills, including root cause investigations.
- Experience of all disciplines in packaging will be required, as well as a good understanding of current packaging regulations and directives.
BenefitsDyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, completion bonus for contract position and pension contributions. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.