- Design and Development
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing
Job Title: Packaging Engineer
Department: Graphics and Packaging
Contract Type: Permanent
Full Time/Part Time: Full Ti
Location: PAM - The Philippines
Overview – Department:
The Graphics & Packaging Team is responsible for all graphics and packaging that are used in the manufacturing of Dyson products. The operation is currently split between the UK and Malaysia. The UK plays a strategic role in delivering these items, and the Malaysia team plays a tactical part. Together they deliver effective, cutting edge solutions to Dyson’s graphics and packaging. We are now expanding our global team and recruiting a Packaging Engineer in The Philippines to support our evolving presence there.
The Dyson Packaging Engineer is responsible for delivering packaging solutions for Dyson's products and supporting the business in related tasks, which shall include, but is not limited to the following:
- Key strategic thinker with a clear understanding of how to develop and present effective product package to the relevant stakeholders.
- Working closely with Dyson NPI team, UK & Malaysia packaging teams on new product packaging development. Support the development of the packaging vision, defining development budget and agreed target cost to kick-off the development activity.
- Identify and evaluate new packaging materials, technologies and concepts as well as emerging packaging trends.
- Design, develop and qualify new packages through various test methods to ensure packages meet higher reliability standards within agreed budget and deadline.
- Ensure Packaging formats are investigated and rationalised to ensure they are fit for purpose, meet sustainability targets and are suitable for our manufacturing processes.
- Generate and register packaging CAD drawings with full specification and requirements for execution.
- Contribute ideas and participate in finding solutions to resolve issues arising during development.
- Working closely with UK & Malaysia packaging teams and various business functions to ensure packaging solutions deliver within agreed budget and deadline.
Qualification & Technical Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will be degree qualified with a minimum of 1 years packaging development work experience with strengths proven to have the ability in managing packaging development projects.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated design skills in product packaging, conceptual layouts and analysis.
- Thorough understanding of the product packaging development process and relationship to the product Lifecycle.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills and demonstrated ability to solve problems cross functionally and regionally.
- Experience with designing product packaging for domestic and international distribution and supply chains.
- Fundamental knowledge of product packaging development as well as primary packaging development including: clamshells, thermal foaming, bags, corrugated inserts, folding cartons, pulp tray and internal protective packaging.
- Thorough understanding of design for manufacturability concepts used to optimise the overall performance and features of the final package. (Cost, Quality, Reliability, Manufacturability/Sustainability).
- Thorough knowledge of packaging technologies and manufacturing processes.
- Proficient with 3D CAD systems.
- Proficient in generating engineering documentations (technical drawings, shipping configuration, analysis report) Strong problem-solving skills, including root cause investigations.
- Experience of all disciplines in packaging will be required, as well as a good understanding of current packaging regulations and directives.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.