- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
About the rolePaid Media Strategist / Media Manager
Own category media strategy, planning and buying:
- Working closely with the Head of Media and category lead to define end to end category media strategy across all channels: bring a strong point of view on the role of all media touchpoints to integrate into annual media strategy and campaign media guidelines
- Develop and coordinate integrated Media Strategies for the category, building strong customer journeys through the funnel (audience understanding, audience mapping, media agency brief, recommendation to category leaders)
- Be the internal expertise for all media activities relevant to the category: support Head of Media to develop media process, guidelines, KPIs, and share best practices. Support category on their budget planning.
- Measurement and reporting; Ensure appropriate measurement of effectiveness of media through the funnel, balancing long and short term KPIs. Ensure performance is communicated to the appropriate teams. On-going tracking and campaign spend management to ensure all activity is not only effective, but efficient.
- Manage media activities: from concept to post-implementation analysis, including IMC process implementation and management, media plan approval
- Coordinate Media production: follow-up on assets delivery to media partners, ensuring media partners’ approval,
- Monitor all full funnel media activities against set KPIs, daily track and optimise our strategy-planning-buying – messaging to ensure high level of efficiency and effectiveness, and deliver reporting / analysis through available media tools
- Be Owner-centric, developing media strategies that understand who the target audience is, delivering the best experience based on their Dyson journey. Working with our insights, OE and creative teams, the building plans that will create the best experience for owners whilst delivering efficiency in execution across acquisition and retention strategies.
- Partner with PR, social, e-commerce and 3rd party customer marketing to align digital media plans and ensure the best Dyson experience for our owners and shoppers, ultimately creating quality touch-points and connected shopper journeys.
- Become the touch point for our media agency on the category
- Work with media agency day-to-day: responsible for category specific outputs, reporting, dash boarding
- Give strong POV into Head of Media on media agency negotiations challenge to get the most of our resource
- Support on Media budget evaluation including financial reconciliations
- 4+ year paid media management experience
- A mix of offline & online media channels (TV, Print, Social, Programmatic incl. Display & Video, Search)
- Passionate about online & the opportunities it brings to drive brand awareness
- Previous experience of managing sizeable media budgets
- Proven experience leading and collaborating within cross-discipline teams and agency partners
- Demonstrable strategic & analytical capabilities
- Brand / client-side experience
- Retail marketing experience
- Experience in measuring long term impact of paid media on brand / product
- Experience aligned to one or more of our category industries (beauty, environmental, floor-care)
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.