- Intellectual property
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
As one of our Patent Attorneys you will provide IP advice to the business as a whole and work to secure protection for the inventions developed by the company and to advise on the appropriate extent of that protection.
- To draft and prosecute patent applications in relation to inventions belonging to the company.
- To analyse search results and apply findings as appropriate.
- To make recommendations regarding the protection of inventions in various territories.
- To advise product development/research teams with regard to potential risks relating to third parties’ rights.
- To advise business in relation to IP issues in all areas as appropriate.
- To provide training and guidance to Trainee Patent Attorney as appropriate.
- To maintain ongoing contact with various specific teams and advise them on IP issues as necessary.
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of current IP laws and practices
- Analytical Ability: The absorption of large amounts of information and the distillation of the core points is vital to this role.
- Communication: The role requires an ability to communicate points to non-IP personnel in a concise and understandable manner.
- Drive for Results: This role also requires an ability to get through the tasks in a timely manner without undue delays occurring.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines