- Data Science and Engineering
- United Kingdom - Bristol Office
Data and analytics excellence at Dyson are delivered by a diverse and collaborative global community spread across Dyson locations from Bristol to Chicago, Malmesbury to Singapore. Domain-specific experts form people analytics teams,
enabled by a central team at the hub. All teams benefit from significant recent investments in cloud technologies and tools, combined with an expansive scope and no shortage of ambition and momentum; data and analytics are recognised throughout the organisation, to the highest level, as critical to all of Dyson’s strategic objectives.
About The Role
- You will be an Associate Data Scientist based in Bristol, UK, embedded in the People function.
- You will be the first data scientist in this area of Dyson; it is a fantastic opportunity to take part in shaping the future of data science in the function, working alongside its mature team of analysts and collaborating closely with the Data Science Centre of Excellence.
- You will be working towards landing exciting use cases that drive real business value from day one.
- You will have hands-on experience with leveraging data from a wide selection of data sources through different technologies e.g. SQL, BigQuery etc., and a keen understanding of data models and ETL/ELT processes. Using primarily Python and supplementing this with Tableau or Looker where necessary, you are able to analyse, model, and visualise data effectively. Ideally you will have an BSc or MSc in a relevant field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics) or similar hands-on experience.
- You will help respond to complex business questions beyond what business intelligence teams are capable of today.
- You will build predictive models using relevant data sources available at Dyson, and you will enrich these with the creative sourcing of external data.
- You will apply logical thinking and statistical learning techniques to obtain robust results the business can rely on for critical decisions.
- Cutting edge approaches are key to keeping pace with Dyson’s innovative culture. You will be expected to stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies and methodologies.
- A degree in Statistics/ML/Business Analytics or a science/engineering degree with a keen interest in statistics, or hands-on experience supplemented with data science-focussed learning and training.
- Python skills with a focus on statistical and ML packages; Scikit-Learn, XGBoost, NumPy, SciPy, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch.
- Experience in data cleansing and blending (internally and externally) to drive richer insights.
- Scientific approach to solve practical problems, logical thinking.
- Basic knowledge on how to build data science products in cloud environments.
- Passion to understand the business, frame problems, and deliver practical solutions on short time frames.
- Self-driven individual with drive to solve customer problems. Team player and good communicator within the team and beyond, capable of building great stories our of sparse data
- Higher academic qualifications are valued, but innovation and excellence are essential.
- Using analytical techniques with people or HR data.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with data engineers.
- Docker and Kubernetes experience.
- Successful use of software engineering best practices, including version control (Git, Mercurial), unit testing and working with Agile delivery principles.
- Exposure to MLOps practices and thinking.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private Medical insurance
- On-site gym
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.