- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Our mission is to bring Dyson technology to life, to provide the imagery, films, content, experiences and service that explain our machines, their benefits and the problems they solve for our Owners. We create assets and journeys that help Owners discover, choose, purchase, learn about and solve issues they may have with our machines.
Reporting into the Platform Lead with a dotted line into the Senior Platform Specialist, the Platform Specialist role is responsible for updates and maintenance for all web content across Dyson.com globally, ensuring all new product campaigns are completed one time and accurately, with ongoing updates to customer facing UX, copy, and imagery and implemention of new functionality.
About the Role
The Platform Specialist will work alongside the wider Platform Team and Dyson’s appointed content outsourcing company, Hogarth Worldwide (HWW), to deliver CMS related projects, providing support to the business. This purpose of the Platform Specialist role is to be a subject matter expert for all CMS related projects, providing support to the business and to Dyson’s appointed content outsourcing company, Hogarth Worldwide (HWW). The role is also responsible for providing training to internal teams and the Content Administration function, troubleshooting support, creating work instructions tickets in Jira, and conducting Teams training on technical subjects and best practice.
Alongside updating the front-end content, the Platform Team is responsible for testing new features the our Dyson CMS systems before they are implemented, ensuring new features work as expected without affecting any of the current features.
The responsibilities are as follows:
- Delivering global and multi-lingual market content, support and training on a diverse range of range of CMS platforms with a future view of extending their remit to cover technologys beyond our web platforms (e.g. Dyson’s Connected App, Brightcove, Adobe Target, Zoovu and others)
- Providing training to Content Administrators and markets on how to use the CMS by holding workshops, online training sessions and creating comprehensive written guides
- Quality Control – QA the Content Adminitstrators work to ensure task requirements have been met
- Ensuring the Hogarth team have everything they need to complete their tasks
- Guidance and direction to external users and partners of the CMS platforms
- Collaborate with the enhancements team to test new functionalities on the CMS platforms as subject matter experts
- Collaborate with designers, copywriters, commercial, and market representatives to ensure demanding standards of excellence are achieved
- User acceptance testing and business validation testing (BVT) – ensuring new website functionality is fit for purpose before release.
- Provide backfill to markets and Group teams to cover temporary reductions in headcount
- Localising and expediting Group built content on behalf of markets where required
- Should have 2-3 years experience using CMS platforms, preferably one or more of: AEM, Hybris, Magento, Sitecore
- Experience working with and managing an offshore team is advantageous
- Resilience and composure to guide projects and teams through arising issues, overcoming challenges to deliver high quality business outcomes
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and preferably the Atlassian suite
- Team player and self-starter, strong communicator
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines and retail discounts
- Free bus travel to and from campus (from Bath, Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon)
- 27 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free on-site lunches, fruit, and hot drinks
- Free on-site sports centre, gym, hair-salon, lifestyle assist (concierge)
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Private medical insurance and dental insurance
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.