- United Kingdom - Malmesbury Office
Dyson is a global technology company with a unique philosophy - to solve problems that others ignore, first. It transforms every category it enters with radical and iconic re-inventions that work, perform and look very different.
Five years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today, its digital motor powered cordless vacuums, robots, Airblade hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters are powering its growth in 75 countries around the world. 2015 saw the addition of Jake Dyson Light to the portfolio, and in April 2016 Dyson took its biggest leap yet, revolutionising the world of health and personal care with the launch of the Dyson Supersonic™ Hairdryer and since then bringing new pioneering Personal Care machines to market through Dyson Airwrap and Dyson Coralle.
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next five years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2025, there will be 100 new machines, 3 new product portfolios and Dyson’s headcount will have grown. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organise itself and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect.
Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
Dyson Commercial is responsible for taking this amazing technology to market, explaining how our machines are different and their benefits. We never share the stage, where we demonstrate our machines and their superiority we win.
The next period of Dyson’s growth will see us taking our technology into more markets, doubling the business and quadrupling Direct. It will see our Owner base grow rapidly and a focus on both acquiring more Owners and retaining the Owners we have.
Competitors are expanding reach and bringing products into the marketplace. However, Dyson differentiates through our superior technology and also the unique experiences that we bring to our Owners. However, we need to manage this ambition in a more efficient and agile way, bringing new technology to markets faster, reacting to Owner expectations quicker and leading the market in more innovative ways.
This requires a more agile, mission based operating model. One which will enable us to continue our journey but in a more structured and efficient ways.
About the role
Dyson Global Experience Studio
Our mission is to bring Dyson technology to life, to provide the imagery, films, content, experiences and service that explain our machines, their benefits and the problems they solve for our Owners. We create assets and journeys that help Owners discover, choose, purchase, learn about and solve issues they may have with our machines.
The Platform Specialist is the subject matter expert for all CMS related projects. Providing support to the business and to Dyson’s appointed content outsourcing company, Hogarth Worldwide (HWW). Providing training, troubleshooting support, creating work instructions tickets in Jira, and conducting Teams training on technical subjects and best practice.
- Delivering global and multi-lingual market content, support and training on a diverse range of range of CMS platforms
- Prioritising tasks across multiple projects, from multiple teams across the globe
- Providing training to content admins and markets on how to use the CMS by holding workshops, online training sessions and creating comprehensive written guides
- Quality Control – QA the admins work to ensure task requirements have been met
- Guidance and direction to external users and partners of the CMS platforms.
- Collaborate with the enhancements team to test new functionalities on the CMS platforms as subject matter experts
- Collaborate with developers and testers to deliver content to support their workstreams as subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with IT to troubleshoot issues within the CMS reported by different areas of business.
- Collaborate with designers, copywriters, commercial, and market representatives to ensure demanding standards of excellence are achieved.
- Raise digital demand briefs to improve the functionality of the CMS platforms.
- User acceptance testing and business validation testing (BVT) – ensuring new website functionality is fit for purpose before release.
- Should have 2-3 years’ experience using CMS platforms, preferably one or more of: AEM, Hybris, Magento, Sitecore
- Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and preferably the Atlassian suite.
- Team player & self-starter, strong communicator at all levels.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants with free lunches and hot drinks
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free on-site hair salon
- Free on-site concierge service
- Wellness programme
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.