- £Competitive + bonus + benefits
- Information Technology
- Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Infrastructure and End User Services (EUS) Team
Dyson’s Global IT Infrastructure and End User Services teams have end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all IT hardware and software enabling Dyson's global commercial, operational and enterprise business to operate. Both teams run a wide ranging portfolio of projects across the globe deploying and upgrading IT systems to support the Dyson's business.
Assignment Specific Details
Over the course of 2019, the Global IT PMO team transformed their Programme Delivery capabilities. At the core of this Transformation was creating the role of the Global IT PMO Programme Lead. The vision for this role is to act as the Programme Manager’s right hand person. For this to be effective, the Global IT PMO Programme Lead needs to be an effective leader of the Programme. Not just waiting for task management activities from the Programme Manager, but actively identifying and fixing challenges across the Programme.
About the role
Reporting to the Programme
Manager, the PMO Programme Lead will be responsible for:
- Working with the Programme Manager to track and manage the project portfolios including supporting the capture of new requests from the business and internal IT teams and working with our strategic partner to fulfil requirements
- Work with the other Global IT PMO Leads to ensure that we are working
to best practices and a high quality standard.
- Ensure that the Programme Cost Forecast is maintained in line with
the financial control processes and utilises the correct templates and
- Ensure that the Programme aligns to the Demand Forecasting
(Resources) process and ensure that Demands are captured using the correct
templates and that Forecasting is done in accordance with the agreed standards.
- Embed the RAID Management capability into the Programme and ensure
that RAID Management standards are maintained at all times.
- Lead the day-to-day management of the Programme Team – acting as
the “right hand” of the Programme Manager.
- Ensure that the Planning Standards are deployed across the
Programme. This includes ensuring that Project Managers are using the
correct planning tools at all times.
- At the Programme Level – lead the capturing and management of inter
and intra Programme Dependencies – ensuring that they are properly
controlled and managed across the Portfolio.
- Support the Programme Manager with effectively identifying, engaging and communicating with Programme Stakeholders – collating and owning the creation of programme reports in line with the Stakeholder Management standards and using the correct tools.
- Build strong relationships with both internal (i.e. Infrastructure and EUS) and external (e.g. the IT Strategy and Transformation team) to influence thinking, drive outcomes and deliver greater ways of working.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
Strong leadership abilities
Powerful change agent
A visionary with a proven track record in strategic planning, individual/team development and service delivery
Tenacious and able to “bounce-back” from challenging circumstances
Able to operate and thrive in situations with high levels of ambiguity
Able to effectively prioritise their own and their team’s work load
Unwavering in the face of obstacles
Good knowledge of programme and project management methods
Clear communication skills – able to understand high level concepts and fill in the detail themselves
Practical execution of change management
Good understanding of communications and how to convey complex messages to large audiences
Ability to develop a strong team
Organisational design, business change management / communication planning
Benefits27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
Performance related bonus
Discounts on Dyson machine
Free Sports Centre on site
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.