- Project and Programme Management
- Malaysia - Development Centre
About the role
At Dyson we invent great products with unique technology, a bold design and aim to deliver a transformational user experience.
As a Product Development and Technology company, it is imperative that Dyson can consistently deliver superior quality products to market quicker than our competition.
Our ambitions are bold, by 2025 we aim to ‘Double Dyson’; double sales volumes, double the quantity of products in our portfolio and halve time to market.
Our project delivery capability will need to be smarter than ever – bringing multiple disciplines and teams from around the world to collaborate effectively in a single space, whilst empowering our Project leadership teams and PMs with effective systems, tools and data.
As the scale and complexity of projects grow, our ability to manage and govern across our portfolio will rely heavily on scalable systems and effective portfolio management.
This role has been created to help with the leadership of a large scale project to upgrade our core project delivery systems, our delivery process and our tools together supporting a multi-year programme of work. In addition the role will support the development of our portfolio management capabilities
This role will work directly with the Head of Portfolio & Project Governance driving the realisation of our vision at the Office of the CEO to double Dyson through the implementation of projects covering business transformation, IT solutions and portfolio governance.
Stakeholder Management and Communications
- Management of stakeholders from multiple functions across the business, covering a scope of up to 7000 system users.
- Deploy capabilities: Running regular forums and workshop groups for requirement gathering, engagement, feedback and deployment
- Project management of the business critical activities for the development and launch of core portfolio management systems, processes and infrastructure.
- Drive the correct business behaviours and reporting for effective portfolio management across the business.
- By working with the cross-functional leadership and project managers, build upon existing policies and PM processes in order to develop further capabilities that aid project delivery.
- Assist with the development of our portfolio management capabilities.
System administration & user support
- Key point of contact for the business.
- Triaging points for escalations to product owner, IT and the wider PMO team.
- Managing and co-ordinating system wide BAU activities.
- Monitoring and governing day to day user activity.
- Monitoring effective deployment and user adoption of new solutions being rolled out.
Professional experience & essential skills
- A proven track record in Project delivery.
- Experience administering systems and supporting system users
- Experience of triaging points for escalations
- Experience managing and governing system wide processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders quickly.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders, and co-ordinating forum/workshop groups.
- Comfortable engaging and influencing stakeholders at varying levels of an organisation.
- An excellent understanding of Project Management or PMO competencies.
- Knowledge and application of process, tool or system improvement methodologies, fundamental analytical principals, theories and concepts.
- Confidence in problem solving, analysis and decision making with a solution orientated mindset.
- Ability to process a large amount of information, and summarise clear concise messages for target audiences.
- Competent in using excel, Teams, project, SharePoint, and creating impactful powerpoint presentations.
- Strong organisational skills.
- A strong understanding of a typical product development project lifecycle.
- A natural leader.
Ideal experience (but not essential)
- Experience implementing or supporting O365 applications.
- Experience creating project management processes & best practice.
- A strong understanding of a typical product development project lifecycle
- Knowledge of information management best practices
- Knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle.
- Appreciation and understanding of the critical business functions and their contribution to NPD.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.