- GBP competitive
- Information Technology
- Bristol, Malmesbury - United Kingdom
At Dyson, we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. Our people expect the same from the technology that supports them. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. Dyson IT are mid-transformation. Our aim, to create robust IT architecture, to manage data effectively and efficiently and continue to grow our world-class team. A team who is strategic, enabling business acceleration, growth and success.
Our Digital Business Technologies Team
Dyson’s Digital Business Technologies Team has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business systems enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process in 82 markets. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience, Retail, Supply Chain & Manufacturing, Product Development and Finance & Procurement.
Digital Business Technologies - Programme and Project Management Practice Vision
We deliver successful transformation enabling programmes and projects. With the determination to disrupt the status quo in pursuit of excellence, we empower Dyson to be different by delivering authentic and innovative solutions that make Dyson a pioneering company.
About the role
- Reporting to the Head of Programme Management Practice, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering the evolution of Practice Methods, Standards & Processes; in particular you will project manage the implementation of SAFe tailored for Dyson and lead on all initiatives to drive more agile, nimble and focussed ways of working through the PPM practice and into delivery.
- Shaping and embedding a Quality Management approach that encompasses the delivery of a Quality Management Framework, Quality Assurance metrics and Project/ Programme Health Checks.
- Managing and refining a backlog of continuous improvement initiatives to development the practice and keep us focussed on our objective to be a world-class delivery organisation.
- Working with the Programme Management community you will deliver a range of initiatives focussing on practice professionalisation. This will include but is not limited to maintenance of the PPM Talent Development Framework, training needs analysis for the PPM community, professional accreditations etc
- Providing critical insight across of key interdependencies covering all Digital Business Technologies programmes and projects. Working with the PPM community and wider business stakeholders to ensure that key interdependencies get the right level of visibility to ensure that they are managed effectively and associated risks are minimised.
- Establishing and maintaining a forward planning overview and roadmap for all Digital Business Technologies Programmes and Projects. This includes Working with the Head of Programme Management and Programme Managers to manage changes in roadmap direction, scope, costs, resources and timing.
- Establishing and maintaining standards for information management across the PPM practice including the creation of a best practice repository and lessons learned tracker as well as setting up and maintaining the practice SharePoint site and being a primary contributor to the practice teams site.
About youPerson specification / Core Competencies:
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to convey complex messages to a diverse range of audiences and deliver difficult messages whist maintaining buy-in
- Strong leadership abilities
- Powerful change agent who champions change and inspires trust and change adoption
- Possess solid matrix management skills with the proven ability to deliver through others
- Keen problem solver with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to operate and thrive with high levels of ambiguity and the resilience to “bounce-back”
- Self-motivated with drive and determination to deliver to a high standard at pace in a complex environment.
- Subject matter expert in the SAFe methodology with a successful track-record of leading multiple organisations though SAFe implementations.
- Good knowledge of a range of other programme and project management methods including PRINCE2, MSP, Agile, DSDM etc
- Excellent working knowledge of Confluence / Jira and ability to work with PMO to build good practice.
- At least 8 years’ experience of IT project and programme management, ideally gained in strategic complex projects for large organisations.
- A proven record in delivery and managing C-level stakeholders
- In depth knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and programme lifecycle, including development of business cases, mobilisation of programmes.
Desirable Knowledge Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working for a consultancy or other professional services organisation.
- Strategy formulation.
- Organisational design, business change management / communication planning.
- Business case development and benefit realisation.
- Experience in leading complex and large value tender / vendor selections.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.