- Information Technology
- India - Bangalore IT Capability Centre
Dyson Data and Analytics team is a multi-disciplinary, global team providing round-the-clock development and operations - including product and project management, community enablement, governance, data architecture, data engineering, data science, and analytics expertise.
Involved with every aspect of Dyson’s global business - from finance to product development, manufacturing to owner experience – the team is seeking to deliver solutions generating impressive and tangible business value.
Data and analytics excellence at Dyson is delivered by a diverse and collaborative global community, at the heart of that community is a hub team that enables all others: In Dyson’s Data Analytics team, there has been significant investment into cloud technologies and tools; combined with an expansive scope and no shortage of ambition and momentum, Dyson Data Analytics team is recognized throughout the organization to the highest level as critical to all of Dyson's strategic objectives.
As the ‘hub’ team delivering the data, technology and community provision enabling Dyson’s global data and analytics capabilities, Dyson Data Analytics team have end-to-end responsibility for data from foundations (DQ, MDM) to management (data platforms, integrations), to value realization (analytics enablement and delivery).
About The Role:
At Dyson, Data Engineers are Software Engineers specializing in building data intensive applications. You will be responsible for:
- Ensure Data Engineering excellence in the end-to-end delivery of complex data engineering projects and programs for Dyson
- Providing technical leadership in Big Data space both on On-Prem and Cloud Environments (like GCP, AWS, MS BI Suite) across Dyson and contributes to open-source Big Data technologies.
- Responsibility for the Implementation and adherence of Dyson's Data Engineering methodologies, processes & principles
- Lead the DataOps practice in Dyson while designing and development of pipeline builds, integration projects and change management across Dyson
- Writing and tuning complex Data Pipelines, workflows, and data structures
- Adapting quickly to change in requirements and be willing to work with different technologies if required
- Leading a Backend/Distributed Data Systems team while remaining hands-on is very important
- Leading the effort to build, implement and support the data infrastructure
- Managing the business intelligence stakeholders, prioritize projects according to business needs, and develops top-quality data products using industry best practices
- Leading in deployment, testing activities with hands on engineering and automation experience including CI/CD/CD and DataOps mindset
- Reviewing technical designs done by Data Engineers and providing feedback
- Designing and building end-to-end data engineering solutions for analytics
- Migrating existing pipelines onto the platform
- Strengthening data quality and reliability of the Data pipelines
- Progressing standards and best practices for the platform and operational excellence
- Maintaining our documentation culture
- Lead the Data Engineering strategy and delivery across global projects and products
- Lead the community of Dyson Data Engineers think and work as one team, promote excellence and technical development, and adheres to key principles and processes
- Write clean code that can be easily understood by others
- Be able to understand and improve legacy code
- Identify and build abstractions and tools to solve recurring challenge
- Apply best practices and ways of working among our global data engineering team
- Provide constructive feedback through PRs and pairing
Our modern data stack constantly evolves over time as it strives for best-in-class technical capabilities, scalability and efficiency. We don’t require applicants to have experience with all these technologies, but are always keen to learn and maximize best use of each and as a whole
- Git for source control management
- Terragrunt for infrastructure as code
- GCP for infrastructure
- BigQuery for data warehousing
- Apache Beam and Python for ELT (Extract Load Transform)
- Airflow for orchestration
- dbt (SQL) for data modelling
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.