- SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
- Mechanical Engineering
- Johor Bahru - Malaysia, Singapore - Singapore
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
Design Engineering is the powerhouse of product creation and our Principal Engineers solve our most complex and important engineering problems, making high value, high impact technical decisions and recommendations. We set and uphold expectations for technical quality, arbitrating project technical maturity and providing business direction. We also capture and develop knowledge to build technical capability within the department.
About the role
- Lead the design and improvement of robust solutions to technical challenges, motivating cross-functional teams to deliver.
- Work autonomously and proactively to identify risk within projects and influence cross- functional teams to use best practice to resolve challenges where no precedent exists.
- Effectively and clearly communicate risks and progress of the resolution of technical challenges to senior stakeholders.
- Cleary highlight complexity, maturity and delivery risks in projects during technical design / research reviews.
- Mentor and guide individuals, proactively disseminating their knowledge and assisting in the technical development of the function and future Principal Engineers.
- Challenge, reinvent and develop best practice within the function and across RDD.
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Over 12 years’ experience in design, development and delivery of Consumer/Medical products.
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Passionate and highly motivated by technical problem solving with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability using a variety of methodologies.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be able to motivate, influence and mentor others.
BenefitsDyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.