- Data Science and Engineering
- India - Bangalore IT Capability Centre
We are seeking a highly skilled Principal Data Quality Engineer to lead our Quality as Code initiative. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing quality processes and tools for our data management teams. They will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure quality is embedded throughout the data lifecycle. The Principal Data Quality Engineer will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of Data Quality Engineers, providing guidance on best practices, and driving continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement quality processes and tools for our data management teams
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure quality is embedded throughout the data lifecycle
- Lead and mentor a team of Data Quality Engineers, providing guidance on best practices and driving continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain automated testing frameworks for data quality testing, including data profiling, data validation, and data reconciliation
- Ensure code quality by implementing code review and static analysis tools for data pipelines and workflows
- Develop and maintain continuous integration and delivery pipelines to support automated testing and deployment of data pipelines and workflows
- Develop and maintain documentation for quality processes and procedures •
- Monitor and analyze quality metrics to identify trends and areas for improvement
- Partner with data management teams to identify quality issues and develop solutions
- Drive the adoption of quality as code tools and technologies for data management
- Participate in quality audits and compliance reviews
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in data quality management or related field
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of Data Quality Engineers
- Strong experience in quality as code practices and tools for data management, such as Apache NiFi, Apache Beam, Apache Kafka, Apache Airflow, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills • Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proficient in at least one programming language such as Java, Python, Scala, etc.
- Knowledge of agile data management methodologies
- Experience with cloud-based platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP is a plus
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for quality as code for data management and a desire to lead a team of professionals in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.