- Design and Development
- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing Office
The next few years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. All thanks to a £2.5 billion commitment to its future technology pipeline. This growth will need the support of more new people across other functions around the world, including the Philippines. We have 6,000 engineers and scientists worldwide and we are now looking to recruit more in the Philippines. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organize itself globally and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. With APAC now our biggest growth region, we need to question where and how we invest to underpin the future. Our plans for the Philippines are ambitious and we are looking for talented people to join our Research, Design and Engineering families!
Design Engineering is the powerhouse of product creation, and our Principal Engineers are the technical leaders that solve our most complex and important engineering problems, making high value, high impact technical decisions and recommendations. We set and uphold expectations for technical quality, arbitrating project technical maturity and providing business direction. We also capture and develop knowledge to build technical capability within the department.
About the role
A Principal Engineer is required for our RDD office in the Philippines. This office is due to experience significant growth over the coming years and will expand both in terms of people and space to meet the growing product portfolio handled by the team. The successful candidate will be required to provide the Technical Leadership within the Design Engineering team through this growth period and beyond.
- Be a key member of the Philippines RDD site leadership team, contributing to the detailed development strategy that supports our ambitious growth plans, while promoting both alignment and engagement within and across functions.
- Lead the design and improvement of robust solutions to technical challenges, motivating cross-functional teams to deliver.
- Work autonomously and proactively to identify risk within projects and influence cross- functional teams to use best practice to resolve challenges where no precedent exists.
- Effectively and clearly communicate risks and progress of the resolution of technical challenges to senior stakeholders.
- Embed structured ways of working (StRD, PRD, ERD and FMEA etc.) to ensure that interactions and risks are identified, understood, and owned. Including system / part relationships and limitations.
- Cleary highlight complexity, maturity, and delivery risks in projects during technical design / research reviews.
- Mentor and guide individuals, proactively disseminating knowledge, assisting in the recruitment, technical development, and training for the function and building a pipeline for future Principal Engineers.
- Challenge, reinvent and develop best practice, championing and instilling the use both within the function and across RDD.
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Over 12 years’ experience in design, development, and delivery of Consumer/Medical products.
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Passionate and highly motivated by technical problem solving with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability using a variety of methodologies.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be able to motivate, influence and mentor others.
- Proactively collaborate with stakeholders of all levels and across cross-functional teams.
- Performance related bonus
- Company-paid life insurance
- Discount on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits program with a growing range of benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays
- Statutory holiday plus 27 bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Chippenham and Swindon
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized cafe providing endless free coffee and tea, and a free lunch
- Private medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- On-site gym
- All benefits are accessible from day 1
- HMO coverage. Health & wellness is one of our priorities, immediately available for you & dependents so no waiting for employment regularization
- Up to 20 days annual leave based on employment service + 15 days medical leave
- Dyson product gift upon employment regularization, and discounts on Dyson machines
- Exposure to a broad and diverse range of Dyson activities from research through to manufacturing and global sales for Dyson projects
- Career development and growth in a global team
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.