- Information Technology
- United States - Chicago Office
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Dyson launched in the US in 2002, and since then operations have grown exponentially. Our US headquarters is based in Chicago's Fulton Market neighborhood. We also have employees working in field sales, our service centers, and in our growing number of Dyson Demo Store’s across the country.
About the Role:
You will join the global Enterprise Architecture team, part of the Chief Innovation and Technology Office (CITO) within Global IT at an exciting time. The business overall, and our team especially, are growing like never before and there are countless opportunities to deliver high-value results that really make a difference. No two days are the same and we have learned to expect the unexpected.
The applications and technology we support are used in every area across the whole of Dyson and you’ll be accountable for the direction, standards, performance, and ongoing health of the architecture of them. You will work very closely with the Directors of these parts of Dyson’s Global IT as well as with stakeholders and teams in the business functions themselves to create and manage application and capability roadmaps, create and maintain blueprints for application architecture, conduct feasibility studies, and define technology standards.
For the role of Principal Enterprise Architect, you will already be an experienced architect and an effective communicator who is comfortable working closely with all levels of the organization from CxO downwards. You’ll be great at building relationships with stakeholders, both local and global. You will understand how to effectively join the business world with technology teams, bridging the gap and ensuring that our technology choices and investments are targeted correctly and deliver to their promises.
What you will do:
Shape IT strategy in support of delivering to business need.
- Everything we do helps Dyson achieve its strategic aims. With a wide range of stakeholders and business needs you will help ensure IT delivers best value with well-architected solutions that enable flexibility across markets whilst optimizing costs and risk.
- You will understand our current technologies and the challenges they present.
- Through horizon scanning you will identify approaching disruptive technologies and explore the potential opportunities they may bring along with their associated risks.
As we bring more expertise back in-house need to know more about what we have.
- It is vital that we understand our current applications estate, how they integrate, where capabilities overlap, so you will help discover and capture this to fill gaps in our knowledge.
- You will jointly own and manage the catalogue of applications and supporting information such as who the technical and business owners are, who uses them and what business activities they support.
- You will work with projects and programmes to propose and shape solutions to solve our business and technology problems, and which open the doors to new opportunities.
Dyson must grow sustainably and manage our cost base effectively.
- You will support business change and improvement by identifying where opportunities lie to improve efficiency, automate, and reduce friction.
- We want to do more with less so you will identify where we can get more out of our existing solutions.
- You will help Dyson decrease our environmental impact by supporting our journey to cloud and identifying where opportunities exist to reduce our carbon footprint.
Dyson’s IT architecture teams are themselves on a journey following the adoption of a new IT operating model.
- You will work closely with our architects and other IT teams to ensure we collectively deliver the best possible outcomes.
- You will contribute to definition, operation and support of architecture governance.
- You will contribute to and maintain our library of architecture assets.
We invest in our people and want to show clear progression routes so our team members can see how they can develop in the way they want.
- You will socialize and evangelize our work to the wider IT community and into the rest of the business.
- You will be seen as a go-to person: knowledgeable in your area, showing a can-do attitude, able to upskill others and actively share your knowledge.
- A degree in a computing related subject or discipline.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in an architecture role.
- Experience working with senior business stakeholders from CxO level down.
- Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of business leaders using exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Have a good understanding of common architecture patterns, their benefits and their shortcomings.
- Demonstrable experience of conceptualising, planning, and leading implementation/adoption of off the shelf technologies.
- The ability to operate and communicate in both business and technical domains.
- Experience with at least one of the major cloud platform providers: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure.
- Be a self-starter and take the initiative.
- Display empathy, curiosity, and a desire to constantly improve.
- Continue to acquire new skills and drive for results.
At Dyson, how we reward you is linked to our high-performance culture. But it’s about more than salary and bonus. Through a package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits, we support whatever stage of life you’re in and the moments that matter.
- 401K with up to a 4% match
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Competitive Paid Time Off Benefits including Separate Holiday, Sick, and Vacation Time
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits (applicable areas only)
- Generous Child Care Leave Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Dyson Product Discounts
- Multi-Level Healthcare Coverage Options
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Dyson is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. If requested, we will provide reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.