- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
Role: Principal Facilities Electrical Engineer
Location: Singapore, TBA
Reporting to: Senior Facilities Manager
Responsible for providing technical support and execute to Dyson’s Estates strategies to ensure safe and efficient functioning, and optimal utilization for a specified function or region of Dyson
- Responsible for assisting Department Head in planning, coordinating, and implementing electrical operation and maintenance of facilities.
- Subject matter expert in electrical power distribution (HT /LT/UPS/generators, etc) and other electrical installation (lightings/VFDs/motors, etc).
- Responsible for Controls covering BMS, Instrumentation, PLC, DDC etc
- Proficient in code requirements for HT/LT power distribution design and installation, testing & commissioning and maintenance
- Participate in technical review for new power distribution and electrical installation and provide feedback in ensuring sustainable operation and specification fulfilling the needs of the operation, business goal and objectives.
- Compliance with safe work procedure, risk assessment, and site established safety protocol for any electrical work activities.
- Responding and troubleshooting on electrical related interruption/incident, in root cause identification, corrective, and preventive action in the shortest period. Able to collaborate with various stakeholder in resolving the issue amicably.
- Provide leadership in guiding and training new hires and technicians in ensuring working knowledge is kept relevant and updated to industry standards.
- Create new and review existing electrical system Operating Procedure and Risk Assessment.
- Participate in Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control on the electrical system.
- Perform FMEAs (Failure Model and Effect Analysis), eliminate a single point of failure and mitigate supply interruption risk.
- Established effective monitoring, measurement, and analysis system for evaluating the performance of electrical operation and maintenance in meeting set KPIs. Recommend and implement improvement/changes where appropriate.
- Lead, schedule and coordinate planned shutdown maintenance on power distribution across stakeholders in minimising impact to manufacturing operation while fulfilling code requirements.
- Implement, execute, review, and improve maintenance programs such as preventive maintenance; corrective maintenance on electrical distribution system in ensuring maximum system uptime and reliability can be achieved.
- Maintaining good system records such as system design, drawings, commissioning reports, manuals etc.
- Perform investigation when system operation deviates from initial operating baseline. Report and document findings and perform corrective action where applicable.
- Maintain good maintenance records for traceability. Set priority, follow up and rectified defects identified promptly.
- Digitization on operation and maintenance workflow in improving productivity, data management, and maintaining a ready-to-audit status. Analyse data in getting an insight on system performance, efficiency, and identified potential improvement.
- Explore the use of IOT devices in automating workflow, data acquisition, improving productivity and data management. Analyse data in getting an insight into system performance, efficiency, and identified potential improvements.
- Track power distribution consumption and capacity. Set trigger for system review and proposed plan for system upgrade in meeting production demand.
- Work with various stakeholders in providing detailed design, and technical support on electrical related implementation for expansion or new technology introduction.
- Participate in change management review for new processes in identifying hazards and ensuring existing facilitation compatibility and meeting the regulatory requirements.
- Support EHS team in internal, external, and regulatory audits.
- Lead in APAC Energy Efficiency Programme
- Minimum 8 years of experience in manufacturing, Semiconductor / Electronic industry preferred
- Master/Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Min 5 years being the registered Energy Manager
- Engineering background on operating, commissioning of power distribution systems, from HT transformer to LT circuits or having a LEW license will be of good advantage.
- Strong understanding of problem-solving tools, analytical tools, and statistical methods.
- Stakeholder management skill; engage internal & external stakeholder alignment and decision-making
- Calm and effective in any situation.
- Can work independently or as part of a team with various cross-functional departments.
- Self-motivated, strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Displays a high level of commitment to responsibilities.
- Hands-on experience in day-to-day operation and maintenance is essential
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, ideally including MS Project
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.