- Operational Engineering
- Singapore - Advanced Manufacturing
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic, but most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do. We are looking for individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By joining our Manufacturing Engineer department of Dyson Digital Motors, based out of Singapore Advanced Manufacturing facility (SAM), you will get the opportunity to work on conceptualizing automated manufacturing solutions for the current and next generation of technologies, verification and continuing support during mass production.
About the role
- In Depth knowledge and understanding of automated manufacturing technology, particularly equipment for the manufacture and assembly of electro-mechanical consumer goods.
- Design and development of manufacturing methodologies and equipment for new products and sub-assemblies.
- Lead design and improvement of robust solutions and resolutions of technical challenges as projects and technologies are developed.
- Takes ownership and resolves complex technical problems where precedents do not exist.
- Effectively communicates risks and progress of the resolution of technical challenges to senior stakeholders.
- Highlight delivery risks in projects during project milestone and design/research reviews and define the mitigations.
- Challenge and develop best practice and process improvements across RDD.
- Provide subject matter expertise share knowledge and mentor engineers in methodology, best practices and standards.
- Perform Risk Assessments, PFMEA and DFx for key assemblies.
- Perform and review tolerance stack analysis for key assemblies.
- Hands on experience in leading Factory Acceptance test (FAT) and Site Acceptance test (SAT).
- Provide guidance and roll out specification for tools and production equipment’s.
- Ensure safety of all Dyson manufacturing process, production tooling and equipment.
- Project management for delivery of new automation lines and facilities, both in Singapore and Philippines sites.
- Support RDD Verification prior to implementation of new product and processes.
- Drive the production operation efforts to improve product reliability and quality, through the assessment and refinement of manufacturing processes.
- Lead the product transfer and implementation of digital motors manufacturing line.
- Source equipment and liaise with key equipment suppliers to produce and install production equipment to world-class standards.
- Perform PLC program and software modification & validation.
- Interact with Cross-Functional teams and represent the Manufacturing Engineering viewpoint.
- Lead cross-functional team projects.
- Able to specify experimental programs and complete analysis of the results, summarizing findings and making recommendations.
- Degree or Master’s in manufacturing / Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electronic / Electrical or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on highly automated manufacturing environment in a technical role.
- Able to understand engineering drawings and use of CAD software & PLM.
- Good knowledge on GD&T, able to review and challenge critical dimensions.
- PLC programming knowledge preferred (Omron, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Yaskawa, Keyence, Rockwell or Allen Bradley).
- Working knowledge on GR&R, Lean Six Sigma & Statistics.
- Working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative measurement systems.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and influencing skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Experience of maintaining and building good supplier relationships.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
At Dyson, it's about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.