- Philippines - Advanced Manufacturing
The Principal Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for the facilities mechanical system engineering and operation for sites located in the Philippines. The candidate must have extensive knowledge and experience in facilities engineering mechanical systems including design engineering, construction, commission, operation and maintenance.
Critical to success in this role will be good technical knowledge of multidisciplinary building engineering and statutory obligation.
- Ensure safe work practice, procedure, risk assessment, and site established safety protocol for any work activities.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert in the engineering design, commissioning, operation and maintenance of manufacturing facilities mechanical systems such as Air-Conditioning and Mechanical Ventilation system (Air and Water side), Building Management System (BMS), Electrical System (LV), Compressed Dry Air system, Fire Protection and Detection system, WasteWater Treatment system, Plumbing and Sanitary system, Energy and Carbon Management (Leeds Requirement).
- Proficient in code requirements for facilities mechanical design and installation, testing & commissioning, and maintenance.
- Participate in technical and change review for new processes and mechanical installation and provide feedback in ensuring sustainable operation and specification fulfilling the needs of the operation, business goal and compliance.
- Responding and troubleshooting on mechanical related interruption/incident, in root cause identification, corrective, and preventive action in the shortest period. Able to collaborate with various stakeholder in resolving the issue amicably.
- Lead/Participate in Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control on the mechanical system.
- Perform FMEAs (Failure Model and Effect Analysis), eliminate a single point of failure and mitigate supply interruption risk.
- Knowledgeable and responsible for the setup of Computerize Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and/or Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) and Document Management System (DMS).
- Established effective monitoring, measurement, and analysis system for evaluating the performance of systems’ operation and maintenance in meeting set KPIs. Recommend and implement improvement/changes where appropriate. Identify and implement continuous improvement and cost savings program. Be data driven.
- Ensure Buildings, mechanical services and safety systems are design, operated and maintained optimally while ensuring optimal consumption of utilities and energy.
- Monitor and update energy usage, manage Energy Management System and implement energy savings program and tasks.
- Analyse and implement system improvement and upgrade including BMS, IOT and Maintenance systems in automating and digitization of workflow, data acquisition, improving productivity and data management.
- Responsible for the up-keep of all technical related document and SOP, and permits.
- Provide technical support to projects and responsible for the systems take-over from project team. Ensure technical compliance to best engineering practice, local authorities and business requirement.
- Upkeep the standard operation procedures to ensure compliance to Code, ISO and Dyson’s protocol.
- Ensure compliance to the BCMS requirement as applied to.
- Ensure compliance to the QMS, EMS and EHS standard as required in the Integrated Management Systems (QEHS
- Ensure compliance to the requirements of Energy Management Systems as required in ISO 50001:2018
- A qualified facility Energy Manager
- Support other sites work request when required.
- Keep track and update facilities Mechanical and Electrical equipment list.
- Keep track of facility utilities capacity vs. demand. Lead and support equipment sizing and hook up projects.
- Create and update facility building footprint.
- Prepare project concepts, layouts, cost estimates, schedule, scope of works.
- Preparation of annual operating expense and capital budget.
- Ensure all facility related works follow Dyson standards.
- Ensure all facility operations and maintenance, construction and installations comply with local regulatory requirements.
- Update of facilities Business Impact Assessment and Risk Assessment.
- Update of facilities Business Continuity Plan
- Update of facilities Risk Assessment
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.